He knew that Yan Xi did not like to be restrained, and he did not want her to be trapped in this mess. Gu Shen only wanted to see Yan Xi happily standing by his side every day.

"Okay." Yan Xi paused and asked, "After dealing with Gu Sheng, can you save those girls?"

"I promise you." 

It was almost noon when Yan Xi woke up.

Gu Shen had already changed into his suit. He adjusted his tie. "You're awake. Pack up and go downstairs to eat."

Yan Xi mumbled to herself, then rubbed her eyes and stood in front of Gu Shen, helping him adjust his tie. "I'll wash up and come after changing." 

After washing up, Yan Xi pushed Gu Shen downstairs. There were only a few people in the dining room. Old Master Gu sat at the head of the table. When he saw the two of them, he coughed and asked in a deep voice, "If you guys want to eat, tell the kitchen." 

Yan Xi nodded, but her expression was colder than before. Old Master Gu looked at her again but did not say anything.

"Is there anything you want to eat?" Yan Xi bent down and said in Gu Shen's ear, "I'll tell the kitchen."

"Coffee and toast."

"Don't drink coffee when you just wake up. I'll get milk for you instead."

Gu Shen compromised easily. "Okay."

Yan Xi walked into the kitchen and asked Auntie Zhang, who was busy, "Do you have milk?"

Auntie Zhang looked up at her and then lowered her head, ignoring Yan Xi.

"Hello?" Yan Xi frowned, but she still asked politely, "Is there still milk?"

Chapter 104: Looking Down on Yan Xi

Auntie Zhang tutted impatiently. "No, Madam, wait a little longer. The milk isn't ready yet."

Yan Xi looked at the two cups of steaming milk on the tray. "Isn't that milk?"

"Oh, that's for Fourth Young Master and Miss Gu Ling." Madam Zhang smiled and apologized insincerely, "I'm sorry, Madam."

"They're not awake yet."

"Oh."

Yan Xi was angry too. She picked up the tray and was about to walk out, but before she could take two steps, she was stopped by Auntie Zhang.

"Fourth Madam, I already said that this milk isn't for you. Although you don't live in the mansion, you still have to comply with the rules."

"It's only two cups of milk and you're already talking about the rules. Why don't you just say that you're looking down on me."

Auntie Zhang snorted and looked up, "Madam is thinking too much. These two cups of milk are prepared for Fourth Young Master and Miss Gu Ling, so you can't take them."

Yan Xi wanted to know if she would say such things if Gu Yi was standing here instead. However, before she could say anything, Auntie Zhang complained, "If Fourth Master was here, he definitely wouldn't want these two cups of milk." 

Yan Xi was angry and smiled. Gu Shen was always treated coldly here, but the people here actually felt that it was only right. Gu Shen naturally would not bicker with them because Gu Shen was already used to this kind of life, but she was not.

However, Auntie Zhang thought that Yan Xi's silence was a sign of concession. She glanced at her and said proudly, "Fourth Madam, please make way. I still have to send Old Master potato porridge."