(Request) In Time- Remus

Requested by: KarmaWeasley99

Request: Could you do an imagine Remus x fem reader please
Remus is in love with y/n but nobody knows that not even the Marauders. The reader is in love with (a boy of Malfoys_Riddle choice) and he ask a girl out in the middle of the hall, reader is broken. Remus comfort her and she slowly falls in love with Remus. Two months later the boy she loved ask her out, he heard that she loved him. When he ask her out she was talking with Remus (they're not together) and she tries to say no but can't make it clear so Remus is jealous and he saw that you didn't want to say yes, so he put his arm around her waist and told the guy he was reader's boyfriend. When the guy go away reader asked him why he did it and he said he is in love with him.
If you can do it thank you.

-----

Nobody knew. Not his friends. Not his classmates or peers. Not even you. Especially not you. A part of Remus shuddered at the mere thought of you knowing his feelings for you, but the majority ached for you to know. He wanted to scream them at the top of his lungs. But he didn't, he kept quite.

He was conflicted.

Remus wanted desperately to tell you, but he held back, dictated by the fear of your rejection. That was the last thing he wanted. Rationally, he knew you'd never knowingly do or say anything to hurt him but his wandering mind begged to differ. What if it became awkward between you both? What if you didn't want to continue being friends with him? What if you avoided him completely? The thoughts which plagued him, run rampant through his mind. It was constant. Remus found himself physically having to shake his head just to quiet his mind, even if it was temporary.

You, as mentioned, was none the wiser to this and so, despite questioning his odd yet slightly distant behaviour, never thought it was because your best friend had a crush on you. You, much to Remus' heartache, had a crush on someone else, a Slytherin- Barty Crouch Jr. Remus, truthfully, has never liked Barty, found him to be an odd fellow among other things. James and Sirius once hexing the Slytherin to have a pig’s tail for a whole week, but if he's the one you fancy, then he's the one you fancy. Remus can't change that fact.

But what broke Remus' heart even more, so much so it honestly angered him, was when, during lunch one day, he watched as Barty broke your heart. It was then that Remus realised you've never actually told Barty of your feelings. He'd always assumed you have with the way you spoke about the Slytherin.

It was possibly one of the only days where you didn't sit with Remus to eat, opting to sit with some of your other friends. Regardless, Remus still had a perfect line of sight of you from where he sat with the Marauders. He'd zoned out a little, truthfully, transfixed on how happy you looked chatting and laughing away with your friends. It was adorable. Not long later he pulled himself back to reality as, out the corner of his eye, he saw Barty move to stand from his table. Remus frowned, confused to what had caught the Slytherin's attention. Remus' eyes flicking to you as you seemed to catch sight of this too. Your smile grew but you only watched. He was walking in your direction. Or so you thought.