(Request) After Curfew- James

Requested by: Jaasmine12345

Request: Anyway could you do some James x reader fluff?

Summary: Bonding through mischief and a shared love for Quidditch, both y/n and James get to know each other during an after school detention.

-----

You've never truly spoken to James Potter before, you've never really needed to. You both know of each other, having mutual friends, but have never been in a situation which required you to talk to one another. That, however, changed when you both were dragged into Professor McGonagall's office just after midnight for being caught out of bed and wondering the halls.

You were on your way back from the duelling club, having been duelling with some older students, when you ran into a Slytherin Prefect and a rather tired looking Professor Slughorn. The older students managing to sneak out in time without getting caught. Vice to say you couldn't think up a quick enough lie for the pair to let you off the hook.

James on the other hand well, you weren't entirely sure what he was up to when he was caught wondering the halls.

"What do you two have to say for yourselves?" Professor McGonagall sighed, looking down at you both over her glasses. She too, was equally as exhausted as Professor Slughorn and the Slytherin Prefect who were now both standing either side of the Gryffindor head of house looking rather unimpressed at you both.

"Would you believe it, I was filling in for Chester as temporary Prefect?" James spoke first, grinning sheepishly. You glanced at him, standing shoulder to shoulder, giving him an odd look. Truth be told, you were trying your best not to laugh because that is honestly the stupidest thing you've ever heard, even for James' standards. You found him unusually funny too. McGonagall thought otherwise.

"Is that so?"

James nodded. "Yeah. He said he wasn't feeling too well so I offered to fill in for him." He explained. You had to bite the inside of your cheek to refrain from laughing even more then what you were struggling to do now. McGonagall, Slughorn and the prefect all glanced at you seeing you struggling to compose yourself before turning back to James. James looked at you briefly as well.

Professor McGonagall raised an eyebrow. "Well, Potter I have it on good authority that Chester Cole is perfectly fine as I saw them only 30 minutes ago." She then pointed out, almost daring James to come up with another lie. Which he did.

He gave a look of confusion before shrugging. "Obviously he's feeling better to what he did earlier." He stated, still keeping up with the lie. "But he was honestly not looking too good when I left." He added with conviction.

McGonagall, which confused you, didn't answer James back but instead nodded and turned her attention over to you before taking a deep breath. James smiled and did the same. "And what do you have to say for yourself, Y/l/n?"