🅱𝛼𝖌ບ𝑒𝕥𝕥𝑒𝘴❟ 𝑪𝑟ဓ𝑖𝘴𝘴𝛼𝛈𝕥𝘴 𝛼𝛈𝚍 𝑪ဓ𝒇𝒇𝑒𝑒 ⧿ 𝓐𝑟𝛈ဓ 𝔁 𝞛ဓ𝚍𝑒𝑟𝛈 ℞𝑒𝛼𝚍𝑒𝑟

Start from the beginning

It was like velvet. Smooth, soft velvet. With some rich warmth and a mostly posh British accent (Behold, the magic of Ubisoft!) but with a hint of a French one.

He kind of reminded you of Rhysand from the A Court Of Thorns And Roses series (It's by Sarah J Maas, I'm on the last book and HOLY SHIT IT'S ONE OF THE BEST SERIES I'VE READ IN MY LIFE SMUT AND ALL), but without the fantasy stuff.

When you get snapped out of your trance, you reply with, "You're welcome."

Another smile from the mystery Rhysand like man. "I'm Arno. And you are..?"

Well, so much for calling him Rhysand 2.0.

"Y/N," you reply, returning the smile. "Nice to meet you Arno."

He nods his head in response and you hand him his order.

Arno's POV

As he sits down with his order at his usual table, in view of the barista's counter but close to the window. "Y/N," he mutters to himself and chuckles. "Un beau nom pour une belle personne." (A beautiful name for a beautiful person) 

He drinks from his coffee cup and smiles at Y/N from his table. Their H/L H/C hair was soft and fluffy, their body moved lightly from the cash register to the coffee machine-which he guessed was a result of working a lot as a barista-and their enchanting E/C eyes glittered with happiness when they saw customers.

He also guessed they were an avid reader-of smut especially-because they took his features in with surprising attention to detail. They also looked to be in a trance when he spoke to them, so he also guessed that they had read all of the A Court Of A Thorns And Roses series. He had as well, and it was a great series in his opinion.

As many of the people he'd been in a relationship with had said over the years, he wasn't doubting that Y/N thought of him as some sort of Rhysand 2.0.

Maybe he should ask for their number or something.

Though that seemed a bit hasty. He mentally decided to do it once he had finished his coffee, so he downed it in a few gulps. Then he went back for a refill, phone in his pocket.

"You certainly finished that coffee fast," they remark. "Unfortunately though, coffee refills are an extra fifty cents."

"I think that fifty cents for more coffee is worth it," he replies with a smile. "By the way, can I get your number? You seem to be a very interesting person and I'd love to talk to you more."

"Oh, sure. My number is [insert phone number here]," they reply. "I get off in about 30 minutes, do you want to hang out at my apartment after my shift's over? I can text you the details."

He smiles again. "Sure. I'll call you in 30 minutes, unless you want me to give you my number?"

"No, no it's fine. Just call me." they reply before getting his coffee refill. He gives them a pair of quarters from his pocket and gets his coffee in exchange.

Timeskip, your POV

As you walk out of the café, your phone vibrates. Checking the screen, you see an unknown number, which might be Arno. So you pick up and say, "Hello?"

"Hi Y/N." Arno says on the other end of the call.

"Oh hey Arno, I was just heading home. Do you want the address now?"

"Actually, I was thinking we could walk together?"

"Okay...where are you right now?" you ask as you stop walking.

"I'm actually near the café, I can see you from where I'm standing now."

You look around you and you see Arno across the street. Honestly, Arno's face was a pretty hard one to forget, especially since you saw him in the café every day.