"You want to protect her? Alright." After saying that, Fang Wei's gaze landed on his wheelchair. "But can a cripple like you still kneel?"

Yan Xi stopped smiling. "Hey, I think you need to worry about yourself! Don't you know what kind of woman Yan Luo is? I guess you are the only one who doesn't know the truth."

"What are you talking about, Yan Xi! Shut up!" Yan Luo immediately became agitated and shouted. Realizing that she had lost control of herself, she immediately held Fang Wei's arm and said aggrievedly, "Brother Wei, she has been slandering me. I didn't do anything."

"Hey, you two are not the only people here." Yan Xi stepped back and looked at the two of them in disdain.

Fang Wei looked at Yan Xi with an even more vicious gaze than before. "I don't wanna waste time with you all. Why don't we just hand this matter to the Yan City Police Department. I'll put you in jail first and punish you after you get out of it."

Yan Xi shrugged, indicating that she was fine with it. Yan Luo, who was beside him, shuddered. No one knew what she was afraid of.

Chapter 68: I Was Blind To Not Have Recognized You

Yan Luo grabbed Fang Wei's hand and forced a smile. She pretended to be at ease and said, "Brother Wei, there's no need to go to the trouble. We can settle this matter privately."

"Yan Luo, we must punish them for treating you like that." He rubbed Yan Luo's palm. "Don't worry. I got some acquaintances at the police station. I will make them get the punishment they deserve."

While the two of them were still chatting, Gu Shen had lost all his patience. His expression darkened and his fingertips gently knocked on the wheelchair's handle three times.

A group of men in black appeared in the stairwell. Gu Yi nodded at Gu Shen and quickly rushed up. Under Yan Luo's shocked gaze, he pressed Fang Wei to the ground.

"Who are you guys?" Fang Wei felt inexplicably panicked. He pretended to be angry and shouted, "My father is Fang Zhou. If you dare to touch me, he will definitely lock you all up."

"Is that so?" Gu Shen narrowed his cold eyes. He pushed the wheelchair to the man and lowered his head to look at him. He said calmly, "I think Fang Zhou should have told you not to provoke the Gu family in Yan City."

Gu family? There was a drastic change in expression on Fang Wei's face.

He suddenly looked up at Gu Shen and seemed to realize something. His face was pale and his voice was trembling.

"You, you're the Fourth Master of the Gu family, Gu Shen?"

Gu Shen raised his eyebrows and waved for Gu Yi to let go of him.

"Your father is not bad, but his son is really a fool."

Fang Wei no longer looked arrogant. He smiled and said politely, "You're right. I was blind to not recognize you and Madam. It was all a misunderstanding just now. How about letting me pay the bill for you guys tonight, and the medical bills, I will definitely cover it."

Fang Wei quickly bent down, putting on a very humble attitude. "Madam, I was spouting nonsense just now. Please don't take it to heart. Some time ago, I obtained a Garolin gem necklace from the auction. It will definitely look very beautiful on you. I'll send it to you tomorrow."

Yan Luo stood at the side in a daze. She never thought that the man she worked hard to get close to would apologize to a good-for-nothing like Gu Shen. She tugged at Fang Wei's sleeve and tried to help him up. "Brother Wei, you..."