Chapter 22: To the beasts city

Start from the beginning

"Bunny, What do you mean??" He confusingly replied.

" You said something about a body" I replied, it made them slightly chuckle by my words. I pitifully saw them holding their laughs by covering their mouths with their hands.

"Pfft... HAHAHAHAHAA! '' Sebastian laughed, then Ray broke out his hand laughing along with him. I stood there all pissed as my face turned bright red. I pouted, puffing up my cheeks out and about.

"Hmph!" I said, pouting angrily and crossing my arms before turning my head away from their laughter.

" S-sorry, what you are thinking right now is the opposite," Sebastian said. He wiped the tears of laughter off his eye.

"Then what were you talking about?" I said, it made the atmosphere become cold in an instant as Sebastian and Ray's faces turned serious. Their looks became distant, when they turned their head down. A nervous sweat ran down, as I tried to think of a solution to release the tense energy that filled the room.

" Will you let me become your guardian?" Raymond abruptly said, in a serious tone. I saw him nervously scratch his head all the way down to his neck.

"Huh?"

I was bewildered by his words, didn't he know that once a beastmen swore to protect a female, he cannot go back on his word as it was like promising to the beast god. It meant that once a beastmen swore to a female, he would literally protect and provide for her without any need of payment. It was literally like having a lifetime servant working twenty four seven. In the beastworld, no beastmen ever considered being a guardian to a female since it would mean that they can't find love or affection. It was like a one sided relationship, hoping the one you swore would love you back in some way.

It was just like the book, Ray swore to the heroine to protect her and swore his life to her making him her guardian. But in the end, Ray died not getting the love back. Honestly, Ray deserved much better than promising his loyalty to her, without Ray she wouldn't have made it to the end.

" Okay!" I cheerfully said, it made him smile at me. My heart exploded by his overloading cuteness when I saw his cute puppy face.

(Anime: Dress up my darling)

My decision has been made! He will be my guardian but temporarily. I am both honored and grateful to Ray who swore his life and duty to serve me but I don't think so! This best friend of yours will find you a match!

After all, my specialty is ✨Match Making✨, one of my proudest skills I have ever learned. I don't care about that beast guardian nonsense! Right now I care for your happiness and if accepting your invitation is what you want then so be it. I won't have regrets if you want to suddenly leave. It is your choice, your freedom. I won't stop you from doing what you want to do! After all this is your own life. I would never stop you from doing what you want.