For some reason, Gu Shen felt that she was talking about curing his legs.

Before he could ask more, the car braked suddenly.

Yan Xi was caught off guard and fell into Gu Shen's arms.

Gu Shen hugged her and asked with a frown, "Gu Yi, what happened?"

The partition was rolled down. Gu Yi sounded very anxious. The veins on his hands on the steering wheel were bulging.

"President Gu, there are a few cars following us. The car at the front just showed a gun."

As soon as he finished speaking, there was a bang on the roof of the car. Someone had fired a shot.

Yan Xi froze on the spot and was a little afraid. She had seen gunfights in movies but this time, she was involved in a real one.

Gu Shen felt her fear and hugged Yan Xi tightly.

"Don't be afraid, I'm here."

Chapter 41: 12 Million For Her Life

Gu Shen's cold eyes looked up and his sharp gaze was fixed on the few cars that were approaching. Soon, they were surrounded and could not move an inch.

"Gu Yi, call Uncle Hai," he instructed calmly.

"Yes."

Gu Yi called him and quickly explained the situation. Meanwhile, he took out a couple of guns from the drawer. Gu Shen took one of them while tightly hugging Yan Xi in his arms.

Yan Xi gasped for breath, trying to process what was happening.

"Gu Shen, I'm fine." She forced herself to sound calm. She looked up and met Gu Shen's gaze. "Be careful."

Gu Shen looked at her and suddenly raised his hand to touch her head, trying to comfort her.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine."

As he spoke, the car in front of theirs opened. A tall and fat man walked out with a cigarette in his mouth and his eyes filled with ruthlessness.

"Gu Shen, get the fuck out there! Why are you hiding in the car!"

"It's Zhou Chuan!" Gu Yi cursed. "How dare this bastard show up in front of you?"

Yan Xi recalled and felt that she seemed to have heard this name in the book. After thinking for a while, she remembered this person.

Zhou Chuan was the CEO of a branch company under Gu Shen. He was not very capable but was very daring. He stole important confidential files from Gu Shen and sold them to their competitors. As a result, he was kicked out of the company by Gu Shen.

While Yan Xi was still thinking, Zhou Chuan fired a few shots at the car. The thumping sounds made her tremble.

Gu Shen narrowed his cold eyes and rolled down the car window.

"Who gave you the guts to stop my car?"

Zhou Chuan narrowed his eyes and walked to Gu Shen, the gun in his hand pointed at Gu Shen vigilantly.

"Gu Shen, let me tell you something, I'm not afraid of anything now! Today, either you lend me two billion for free, or we'll perish together!"

"Lend you?" Gu Shen smiled sarcastically. "Why should I?"

"Because of the gun in my hand!"

Zhou Chuan looked crazy, as if he was going to pull the trigger in the next second. For a time, both sides were in a deadlock.