While she was doing her homework she felt something warm on her head. She looked up and saw Kotaro who was smiling cheerfully with his right hand resting on her head.

"Hi, Hayama-kun!" Aiko said tilting her head to the side smiling sightly.

Kotaro's smile disappeared as he lowered to Aiko's level.

"It's -'senpai' when we are at school." he said pinching her left cheek.

"That hurts, Hayama-senpai!" she said rubbing her cheek as his face got back to normal.

"What are you studying?" he asked sitting opposite from her.

"Math." she said writing.

"You should take a break sometimes. You study too much." he said placing his head on his arms that were crossed on the table.

Aiko didn't answer and kept on writing. Kotaro stared at her face smiling from time to time.

"Hayama-senpai, could you please not stare? It's distracting." Aiko said still looking at her exercise book.

"Mmh... no." he said shaking his head against his arm.

"What?" Aiko raised her head, a little irritated.

"Not until you take a break." he smiled slightly.

"Annoying." she said looking at what she wrote to check if it was correct.

Kotaro got up, his left hand landed on Aiko's head and he leaned closer. She looked right into his eyes.

"No arguing with your senpai." he said and stole her exercise book.

"Tch, fine!" she said placing her pen on the table. "What now?"

"It'll be my birthday soon!" he said sitting down.

"Really?" she asked.

"We have known each other for a year now, you should know!" he pouted.

"Oh, right. Is on the 25th, isn't it?" she asked resting her head on her left palm. "I don't know what to give you."

"What does he like? Skateboarding. A skateboard? No, he has one already." Aiko thought staring at him. "Something for summer break? Geez, I don't know!"

"Aiko-chan~!" Kotaro called blushing slightly. "Aiko-chan? Stop staring at me like that!"

"Sorry!" she said. "I didn't realize I was staring."

"Why were you so deep in thoughts?"

"I was thinking I'll go and buy your present on the 24th because anxiety and adrenalin will hit me so hard if I can't manage to find something good for you."

"What?" he chuckled. "You don't have to worry that much! Everything will be ok as long as it's from you!"

Kotaro smiled, got up and gave her her exercise book.

"See you at practice, Aiko-chan~!" he waved and run away.

"See you." she said and started to write again.

When Kotaro got out of the library, two girls approached Aiko.

"A-Akashi-san." the shorter one called.

"Uhm? What is it?" Aiko asked looking up.

"We, uhm... noticed you were talking with Hayama-senpai a while ago." the taller one said. "You're friends, right?"

"We are."

"Get straight to the point, please." Aiko thought. "I have to finish my homework and go to practice."