" Yo Em' I really gotta get going; we got family coming in tonight from L.A.," Calvin interrupted as he brushed her aside.

" come on yall; we gotta go," He gestured.

Janien followed behind Calvin as Emmyori scowled at her.

" Call me, Calvin!" Emmyori semi-yelled out the door.

The rest of the walk was silent as they returned to the car. Janien tended to eat her ice cream as Calvin tried talking to her.

" Marie, are you mad at me or something?" Calvin asked as Janien shook her head.

" then why aren't you talking?"

" Because I'm trying to eat my ice cream," Janien said, dipping her spoon back into her ice cream.

Calvin blew his breath, making Ayla turn around.

" Hey, what did Em' want?" Ayla asked, making Calvin sighed deeply as they stopped on the busy sidewalk.

" nothing. Just wanted to tell me she's back in town.." He mumbled.

" The hell wrong with you?" August chuckled.

" Nothing," Calvin waved, taking a seat on a milk carton bin.

" I'm going to head back to the car" Janien walked off.

Calvin smacked his teeth and shook his head; he didn't understand why Janien's demeanor was changing. Was it because of Emmyori?

The car ride was silent for the most part, other than August and Ayla flirting in the backseat. " Hey, can I talk to you?" Calvin tapped Janiens thigh as the others got out of the car.

" Now, don't be trying to get fresh with my sister," August knocked on the window, causing Calvin to laugh. " Ain nobody getting fresh."

Calvin ensured his sister and August got into the house safely before conversing with Janien.

" Look, Marie, as weirdly as to say it, I like you... and I was hoping that we could build a connection or something?" Calvin expressed, causing Janien to sigh.

" You don't even have to worry about Em-

"That's not the problem," Janien palmed her face.

" I like you too, Calvin, but we just met, and plus, I have a lot going on in my personal life right now...Truthfully-

'' Save it, Marie. I don't want to interfere with your personal life; I want to get to know you as a person, maybe hang out more?" Calvin insisted, making Janien nod her head in agreement.

"Sound good to me," Janien smiled.

" Good, now let's go in the house; I overheard Mallory telling Ayla you were good in Checkers; I want to test it." Dared Calvin as a smirk plastered his face.

" Ahem, you got yourself a challenge, my boy!"

-𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐬-

" No, Calvin, and plus, five—O took her phone anyways; it was a part of the investigation," Ayla responded.

" Hem, how do you know you claimed you haven't talked to her since that day?" Calvin questioned.

" I-uh-I--fine... we text on Instagram, she trapping from her sister's MacBook," Ayla admitted.

" A-ha! so you have been talking to her. How is Janien?"