VII

" Valerie and I were never together," Bryce proclaimed as he pulled into his condo.

" I don't care, " Janien implied as she shifted her attention toward the outside window.

" so you gone act like this? " Bryce asked as he parked the car, tapping Janien's thigh.

" Cause niggas be having the audacity, " Janien fumed as she threw her hand up. "why the fuck have me thinking we are onto something to play my face? " Janien Raged as Bryce knitted his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? We just rekindled our friendship two weeks ago, Jan?" Bryce questioned.

" so-so, you mean to tell me nothing was real?" Janien arched her eyebrow as she slurred her words.

Bryce shook his head. " No wonder you are showing out, your drunk again " Bryce smacked his lips as he shook his head.

Janien glanced over at Bryce as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

" I might be drunk, but let me tell you something... I won't regret shit I said because one thing about it, a drunken mind speaks a sober heart, and I'm trying to tell you how I feel, " Janien Expressed, as her voice trembled from the tears that threatened to fall.

" So you're telling me that kiss we shared was just as friends? " Janien quoted as Bryce blew his breath.

" I didn't mean to lead you on in a way; look, ima be honest with you, Janien... I'm not ready for no relationship, " Bryce said.

"You not ready for a relationship, but posting pictures with Valerie? " Janien squinted her eyes in confusion. Bryce played with his twist as he stared out the window.

" sound real stupid, can't even get your lie straight, " Janien protested, as she shook her head in disbelief.

" take me home, " Janien added as she took her phone out of her tote. Bryce cranked the car up and backed out of the condo parking lot.

After leaving the condominium, he then merged onto the highway. Janien glanced over at the rearview mirror on the right side; it was the same black suburban from the other week.

"Them nigga hot on my ass, " Bryce smacked his lips as he accelerated on the pedal . " that's the boys from the other night! " Janien ducked just before a bullet entered through the back window. Bryce swerved in and out of traffic as he reached for his gun out of his console.

" give it here! " Janien fussed as she impatiently grabbed the gun out of Bryce's hand, bussing back out of the passenger window.

The black suburban came to a complete stop once the bullet went through the window, causing the suburban to ram into the back of a pickup truck.

" fuck! " Bryce panicked as he pressed the medal harder, going well over the speed limit.

Janien sat on the hotel floor, pouring her eyes out. Bryce decided the two would flee Atlanta for a few until the case died down a bit.

"It's okay, Jan; they are not going to get you, " Bryce told her as he paced back and forth through the room.

Just in, police are searching for a white and red Challenger that has been seen shooting at a car on highway 85. Officers say the incident occurred around 11:30 P.M. one victim is reportedly in stable condition. Still, police officers did say 81 years old James Ellington, who was driving the pickup truck, did not make it.