|two|

After those foreboding words, Mother and Father sent them away.

The last thing Perseus had heard was his Father ordering for the return of Kymopoleia and all his grandchildren. "The House of Poseidon cannot stand to look divided during these times. It will not do for us to look weak to other enemies."

Semelē swam at almost a supersonic speed to the depths further under the ocean floor. He followed after her, of course. He could sense it within her; the storm she was desperate to release.

And what a storm it was.

He sat on the edges of the pit she had landed in; floating calmly at the burst of power from within her. Thankfully there was nothing to be found this way as her power flattened the pit. It would have been enough to make Kymopoleia beam with pride. She was breathing heavily, yet he could still feel small sparks of anger fluctuating.

"Sister mine," he stated. Her eyes flashed to his; blue eyes almost fluorescent under the darken ocean sky. "Tell me... what happened?" Her eyes slipped closed as she took a deep breath. He watched her tail shift into her legs as she began to work through the calming techniques Tritôn taught her.

Once she seemingly calmed enough, he swam to her side. "Semelē?" She was quiet for a moment before she began to speak, "Everything had been going fine. The entire council was in attendance. Not just the Twelve Major. Hêbê and the others had joined the meeting this time. It was fine. A good natured meeting. Lots of jokes were going around. Father and our Uncles were playfully arguing as usual. It was delightful, brother. You should have come!"

Her mind drifted back to a pair of garnet-colored eyes that tracked her movement with every step. Even as she hid and peeked around her father's throne, she could feel those eyes on her. Her bestest friend aside from her brother.

"The demi divine children were in attendance listening as Father and Uncle playfully argue while Aunt Dêmêtêr and Uncle Haidês and Lady Persephonê spoke of expanding the gardens of Elysium. It was a nice meeting."

The sea warped around them, protecting them as their parents' wrath began to wash over the ocean. "Thank you, Thalassa," they whisper. It felt as if a gentle brush moved across their cheeks before receding.

His sister sighed, "It was a good meeting, brother-mine. And then it wasn't. It was near the end after the mortals went back to their silly little camp that the real meeting started when Uncle noticed his missing bolt. It was like watching glass break. The bond between Father and Uncle disappeared so quickly. Accusations were thrown from left to right as Uncle ordered instant retrieval of the weapon while also demanding Father to return it."

Perseus wiped the tears from her eyes. She slumped over in despair, "I did not know what to do or to expect. I had never seen either of them that angry. It was as if they were different people.."

He grabbed her hands, "We will get through this. Together." She looked at him, reading the resolve in his eyes. She nodded sharply, "Yes. We will."

His sister furrowed her brow as she turned away, "Whomever the true culprit is must be skilled or gaining power from elsewhere. To be unseen by not only the gods but also managed to pass King Zeus' retinue. None of them would leave the throne lest Uncle ordered it and yet—"

"Traitors?"

"No," she stated firmly. "Well... I am not sure. I do not want to believe there are traitors within Olympus let alone the House of the King. If they could be that close, who knows what might be overlooked?"

His throne was guarded by four winged spirits, two male and two female; Kratos, Zelos, Nike, and Bia. Kratos and Bia functioned as muscular enforcers. Nike drove Zeus' chariot and often accompanied him in miniature form as something of a divine familiar.