Chapter 30 - Decency!

Začít od začátku

'You made my baby cry!!' Aadeel reprimanded his twin sister, trying to make the girls laugh. 'See, you've even spoilt our makeup! You are definitely paying for this'. He pouted and the girls laughed hard. He was glad!

The reception continued and it was lit. The groom's family - relatives included, gave her amazing gifts as they welcomed her to the family. Delicacies were served, the couple danced with guests, photographs were taken, souvenirs were shared and the event came to an end.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Aadeel's Residence - 20th March, 2021

The next morning, Shazia was taken to her Marital home by her father amidst tears. Alhaji El-Muneer handed his daughter to her husband, advised the couple on marital life and life in general, cautioned them to fear Allah SWT in all their dealings and prayed for them before leaving. Family and well wishers later came to see her home, prayed for the couple and left. Only Adila stayed behind because Shazia pleaded with her to and she was still crying so Adila had no choice but to stay with her.

After a while, Shazia became free and the duo started gisting, reminiscing old times.

'I never knew you speak in both American and British accent'. Shazia told Adila.

'Our first and second degrees were in Scotland and after marriage, I stayed in Chicago for 5 years before we moved to Cairo in 2016'. Adila explained.

'Awww, that's really nice'. They kept gisting while Adila entertained guests that came visiting from time to time.

*****

After Isha prayer, it was time for Shazia to take her bath and she tried sorting out her things.

'Don't worry, I'll help you get your things ready. But I'm leaving once I'm done God willing'. Adila offered. Shazia thanked her and bid her farewell before going into the bathroom.

After coming out from the bathroom, she saw a nightie and a turban on her bed and she kept staring at them for minutes before finally picking them up.

Shazia stood in front of the mirror admiring herself as she placed the silver turban on her head, letting her long hair hang on her back. She looked breathtaking in her skimpy transparent silver nightie which perfectly matched her skin. 'How am I supposed to leave this room dressed like this?' She wondered aloud, turning round to look at herself. 'Why did Umm Amir even keep this? What was she thinking?'

'You look beautiful!' Aadeel who stood by the door for more than 3 minutes finally commented, running his fingers through his silky hair. All the while, Shazia didn't know he was there. She looked through the mirror and saw him leaning on the wall with his arms crossed on his chest. 'You look beautiful!' He complimented again, this time walking towards her bed. 'You were taking too long so I thought I should check up on you'. He sat on the bed smiling.

Shazia felt very shy in his presence dressed the way she was that she wished the ground would swallow her up. Aadeel noticed and his smile broadened. Her tongue darted out to wet her lips nervously.

'Can we go back to our bedroom since you are done?'. Aadeel requested, breaking the silence. He walked towards the door but Shazia who was feeling uneasy stood rooted to the spot. Aadeel turned to face her. Realising Shazia wasn't planning on following him, he walked towards her, carried her in his arms and left for their bedroom.

Aadeel placed Shazia on his left shoulder and gently opened the door with his right hand. He walked into the room, dusted the bed three times with his right hand while saying the Isti'adhah (a'udhu bilLahi minash Shaitanir rajeem) and then gently laid her on it. She had her eyes shut, she was too shy to open them. Aadeel smiled, turned off the room light, turned on the crystal bedside lamp and walked to the bathroom to perform ablution. He prayed 2 raka'at nawafils to thank Allah for the blessings and to seek protection for them from the devil and bad wishers.