Instead, he sent Antonio, which I didn't mind but I wanted to see her myself and check on her. I wanted to say so many things. I wanted to be by her side for the whole time she was in because I don't like how she is by herself.

When I got to the hospital, Will led me upstairs and to her room. Cass was on a quieter floor so she could actually rest and her health wasn't in any danger so there was no need for her to be in the ED.

I walked into her room and took a seat on the chair that was facing her bed. It was around midnight so I didn't expect her to be awake. I just wanted to be there for her when she was to wake up.

I heard shuffling on the bed and looked up to see Cassie pushing herself upwards into a seating position.

"Hey, go back to sleep. It's late." I said as I stood up and walked over to her bed.

I crouched down next to it, holding her hand as she burst into tears.

I got up and wrapped my arm around her back, pulling her into my chest as I sat on the bed next to her.

"I take back everything I said. You don't make me hurt. I-I want you to be my family. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you...I'm so so sorry."

"Hey. It's okay. You were stressed."

"It's not an excuse. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you but you did hurt me."

"I didn't know, Cassie."

"Promise?"

"Pinky Promise." I said as I took her pinky and linked it with mine.

"I don't trust a lot of people and I struggle to get close to people because of it. I finally thought I had something that could be my family and they betrayed me."

"Listen, they messed up, okay? I know you struggle to trust people. You didn't trust me, I still don't know if you do."

"I do. I trust you."

"Then why did you leave? Why did you push me away? We could've avoided this because I would have made sure that you had at least eaten something before leaving the house."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to be alone and I...I don't know. I thought maybe you knew and that you had kept it from me."

"I would never do that."

"I know that now because you're here. You turned up at midnight after a long day at work to sit here with me. A kid you barely know."

"A kid, who I would like to know. A kid, who makes me smile everyday and makes me get up in the morning. A kid, who I know likes to be called Cass or Cassie, hates the name Cassandra. Loves to skate, it's like their whole life. Loves running because it makes her feel free and loves her bestfriend. She would be lost without her bestfriend."

"Wow. I didn't realise you paid so much attention. I'm also your alarm clock. That's why you get up in the morning."

"Yeah, I would've been really late the other day if you hadn't woken me."

"I'm scared, Jay. I don't trust people because the second I do, they let me down. Wendy and Steve have let me down and so will you. When they get back, I'll have to live with them. There's nothing you can do."

"I'm not going to let that happen. I will fight until I have you staying with me. Millie told me about school. You keep turning up late. You missed a meeting with the principal."

"I know, okay?"

"I'm not trying to lecture you. I'm trying to help you."

"I know and I'm sorry. Me talking to you doesn't waste my breath. Everything I said was bullshit. I was angry...a-and I-I...I was upset. I'm sorry." Said Cassie before she burst into tears.

I pulled her into my chest and got her to take slow breaths to calm her down.

"I'm here for you. I'm never going to leave you."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising. You should head back to sleep. You need rest."

"So do you. You look like shit."

"Okay, Miss Concrete."

"Excuse me?"

"You ate concrete."

"Uh, I did not, thank you very much."

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. But I can't believe you knocked yourself out."

"I passed out. I can't imagine how many times you've eaten concrete. Or when you had the crap beaten out of you in some old ladies kitchen."

"Woah, hang on a minute. Who told you that?"

"Sorry, can't remember."

"Was it Adam? Because if it was, I remember the time he was thrown off a balcony."

"Really? Please tell me more."

"You are sneaky. You want some funny comebacks for the team when they tease you about knocking yourself out."

"Me? Never." Laughed Cassie.

"Has he told you how Antonio ran into a stop sign and knocked himself out?" Said Kelly as he stood by the door.

"Way to ruin the mood, Kelly." Said Cassie.

"Hear him out."

"No."

"Please, Cassie."

"Fine. You have three minutes."