CHAPTER 1

The air was heavy with the scent of smoke and magic as Aria stepped through the gates of the Shadow Kingdom. She had traveled for days to reach this mysterious land, guided by rumors of a powerful sorceress who could help her defeat the demon that had been stalking her.

As she made her way through the winding streets of the capital city, she couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding. Despite the bright sun overhead, the shadows seemed to stretch out forever, as if they were trying to pull her into their darkness.

As she approached the sorcerer's tower, she saw a figure standing on the balcony, his silhouette outlined against the setting sun. He was tall and lean, with long black hair that flowed in the wind like a cape. Aria's heart skipped a beat as she realized that this must be the sorceress she had been seeking.

She made her way up the steps to the tower, her heart racing with excitement and fear. She knew that the sorceress was powerful, but she also knew that she was dangerous. Aria had heard stories of those who had sought her help, only to be turned away empty-handed and cursed for their troubles.

But Aria was desperate, and she was willing to take the risk. She approached the sorceress, bowing her head in respect.

"I am Aria," she said, her voice shaking slightly. "I have come seeking your help. I am being hunted by a demon, and I need your help to defeat it."

The sorceress looked down at Aria, her eyes glowing with an otherworldly light. Aria could feel the power emanating from her, and she knew that she was not to be trifled with.

"Very well," the sorceress said, her voice low and gravelly. "But be warned, child. The price of my help may be more than you can bear."