Chapter One: The Payne Family

»Kathryn's POV«

My family was like any other normal family. Until sixteen years ago. I was a small four year old and Liam was six. That's when our father left. I don't remember much of it except for my mother yelling and Liam crying. My father bursting out the door and leaving. Liam told me when I was older that he defiantly wasn't going to come back.

When I asked why Liam just said he didn't love Mum anymore. And Mum didn't love him. I wasn't so sure about love when I was little. It just didn't make sense. Mum said that she wouldn't find another man for her to love.

When I was nine I found a picture of us all together. We were laughing and smiling. I didn't understand. When I asked Mum about it she just started crying. Liam told me if I ever wanted to know about Dad, don't ask Mum. I just nodded my head and never talk to Mum about Dad again.

Every father's day up until Liam was twelve he would cry. I'd find him somewhere in the house crying and he'd apologize and I'd just tell him to stop apologizing. To me it was unnecessary. I never cried about Dad. A lot of my friends didn't have dads either so I thought it was normal. Harry doesn't have a Dad. He's fine. And I am to.

Sometimes I wonder what I'd be like if he didn't leave.

Would Mum be happy?

Would Liam be more outgoing?

But the most important question I have...

Would Harry and me still be together?