2 | The Party

Depuis le début

"Oh, Ellie wants to know when you're going to come over for dinner again. Is, you look like you're about ready to punch something," Hazel commented, as she looked towards the petite blonde, noticing Isadora's clenched hands.

"Oh, uh, tell Ellie I can come over for dinner whenever she wants, as long as it's okay with you and your Dad, of course. And I was thinking about the project."

"You know you're welcome to come over whenever you want, especially if —"

"Yeah, I know," Isadora quickly cut Hazel off and looked away from her before frowning as she watched Billy, "Uh, I'll catch up with you shortly."

"Oh, uh —" Hazel started but Isadora had already walked away and had made her way over to where Billy was standing.

"Can we talk?" Isadora asked him. Immediately, Billy grabbed her wrist, making the blonde flinch in surprise as Billy pulled her into a nearby janitor's closest and the second he closed the door, Isadora yanked her wrist away from him, "Don't you dare grab my wrist like that again. What the hell, Hargrove?"

"I can't be seen talking to you."

"Oh, why? Because someone like Little Miss Perfect would tarnish your reputation? Don't worry, I don't really want to be seen talking to you either," Isadora retorted.

"What do you want?"

"Have you started your half of the project yet?"

"I've had shit to deal with at home."

"Oh, please, you do not. In fact, I am willing to bet you're just avoiding doing the project until I do your half for you. I am not going to fail this project just because you cannot be bothered to do your half," Isadora told him.

"You don't know shit about me or my life."

"I know enough," Isadora scoffed.

"You're such an entitled princess. You know, not everyone has such a perfect like you," Billy told her. Isadora clenched her fists together and took a deep breath as she shook her head at him.

"I am not a princess, you asshole and I never said my life was perfect. Please just get your half of the project to me by next week," Isadora snapped before she turned and stalked out of the janitors closet, making a point to slam the door behind her. The rest of the school day seemed to drag on but once the day was over, Isadora headed home and was busy working on some homework when she heard a knock at the door. She let out a sigh as she closed her book and made her way over to answer the door, only to find Steve standing outside the door.

"Hey, Steve."

"Hazel, Kendra, Nancy and I are going to a party so we came to see if you wanted to come with us," Steve told her.

"No, absolutely not. It's a school night and I don't really want to go to a party, Steve."

"Oh, come on, it's our senior year, Is."

"Exactly the reason why I want to stay here and study," Isadora told him.

"Come on, everyone's going to be there. I'm sure one night off from studying isn't going to hurt," Steve told her.

"Do you know you're a literal pain in the ass? Fine, let me just get changed into something suitable for a party," Isadora relented, knowing it was an argument she probably wasn't going to win. After changing, Isadora joined Steve, Kendra, Hazel and Nancy in the car as the group drove to the party together.

"Is Eddie coming?" Isadora asked Hazel.

"Yes, he's going to meet us there," Hazel nodded. Eddie Munson had become friends with their group after he and Hazel became friendly and although he normally spent more time with his bandmates, he still spent time with Hazel, Isadora and Kendra, and sometimes Steve and had become part of their friend group. For a long time, the group had just been Isadora, Kendra and Hazel but after Steve had ditched his old friends Tommy and Carol, he had become an integral party of their friendship group with Nancy often joining them when the group hung out together. During the drive, the friends talked and soon they arrived at the party but as the group made their way inside, Isadora wished she could be back home studying or even reading one of her books.