Chapter 15 - Struggling

En başından başla

"James, we're here!"

"Oh, haha, didn't see you guys there." James said with a forced chuckle, as he turned around to face the trio.

"Now that we're all together again, let's go to our next destination." Tessa said, "but first, let's see if we can get anything at the shops."

"I've always wanted to see how the shops are in England." Thierry said as she followed Tessa with the other three at their heels.

Where did he go? James thought as he looked around for the person with blue hair but it seemed that he was gone, was that even Luke? What would he be doing here in England anyway.....

Exactly my point. And you need to stop acting like he won't severely harm you instantaneously.

"Who are you looking for?" Jayden asked with his face as stoic as ever.

"Nobody...."

After shopping for what seemed like forever, the four made their way out of the Gucci store and were prepared to go to the park to get some fresh air when they suddenly heard screams from the floor below them. 

"I-it's the murderer! They got me! They're getting away, the person with the black cloak!"

"Where are they?" Thierry asked as they rushed to the side and peered down into the floor below, "ah! There they are!"

Without warning Thierry jumped down to the floor and began to chase the supposed perpetrator.

"Hang on!" The others shouted, but he didn't seem in the mood for listening as he was already beginning to get away so the other four had no choice but to follow him.

"Damn it! Why is he so rash?" Jayden shot.

"This is the first time I've heard you speak voluntarily today." Tessa laughed.

"This isn't a time for jokes." Jayden returned nonchalantly.

They followed Thierry and the cloaked figure towards the exit where they stared into the pitch black night which shocked Alex.

"It's already dark?"

"Yeah, I didn't realise the clocks went back already." Tessa said.

The cloaked man exited the shopping centre and turned sharply to the left, he then ran straight onto the busy road regardless of the number of cars that started to beep aggressively.

"Damn it." Thierry muttered as he was forced to stop and press the button and waited for the green man to appear on the lights.

"Do you mind telling us before you run off like that?" Jayden asked sharply as they all caught up.

"There's no time to waste with things like this." Thierry said as he ran off when the pedestrian lights flashed green.

This time, the others were prepared as James and Jayden ran beside him to chase down the cloaked figure in the distance who turned left down an alleyway.

"That alleyway will lead to the road outside the park, follow him Thierry, me and James will go another way!" Jayden said.

"Right!" He nodded as he turned left into the alleyway moments after.

"So you still remember your way around." James said.

"Well I only came to Japan the same day you did, since Kageyama invited me to join Teikoku."

"You never told me you were at Teikoku."

"Because you never asked and this is no time for a catch up chat."

"Of course." James nodded, "she's entered the park now."

"R-right." Jayden said as he began to slow down.

"What's wrong?" James asked.

"Nothing, I'll go round and try cut her off."

"No, don't." James said, he turned around and didn't see Tessa and Alex, "I assume Tessa and Alex are doing that. Us two have to fulfil our roles."

"Jayden take the pass!" Arthur said as the ball came speeding towards him.

"Ow!" Jayden fell to the floor, rubbing his cheek.

"For goodness sake Jayden, you have to do better than that...."

"You're not going to get into the national team like this."

"Jayden!" James shouted.

"Y-yeah let's go."

As they slowed down they went past the gates to the park that were already still open and slowed to a walk as they followed the stone path with luscious grass on either side with trees and more paths at the end of either fields.

They continued to walk on the path and there were trees dotted on both sides of the path and there was rustling from one of the trees that caused the two to tense.

"Who's there?"

"James Hakimi and Jayden Aire. Two people that were born and raised here. One killed their father with their mother running off and a lost brother while the other was abandoned by their family."

"Shut up!" They both chorused as the sound of police sirens in the background increased.

"You know nothing about me!" 

James thrust his hands forwards causing the tree to shake and simultaneously, Jayden shot an air bullet at the tree but it seemed that the murderer got away.

"Wh-" Jayden started, but didn't want to finish his sentence, I thought his surname was Smith....

"What happened here?" A deep voice said behind them, James and Jayden turned to see policemen, "it was dangerous for you to chase such a prolific murderer. You'll have to come with us to answer some questions."

They were escorted out of the park where Tessa and Alex were, as they were unable to get inside the park as the police stopped them from doing so.

"Are they framing you two!?" Tessa asked.

"No, they just need us to answer a few questions." James said, "we should be back soon."