1.0 || brains-and-luck ||

Tw: swearing??? and attempted assault ☹️

Chishiya's POV

"ooh! ooh! Shiyaaa" My oh-so lovely wife whined. "yes? what is it that you want?" I answered, trying to sound a little bit interested. "Can we go to 109? I heard they have new arrivals!" She asked excitedly. "sure, lets go get shopping bags, first." I suggested. "We can just get bags in the shop! C'monnn" "fine, fine...-Oh shit, i forgot my wallet in the washroom." I said. "Ugh, fine just hurry." We walked to the mens bathroom, and i told her to wait outside. I went in to grab my wallet, and came out. "okay, i've got it. Let's go." I mumbled. She smiled as we walked out. We found ourselves looking at eachother, confused. "Where the hell is everyone?" She asked. "hmm. Maybe an evacuation rush?" I answered. She didnt seem too contempt with my answer. "I mean, i guess. Maybe we should look around. Y'know, for any police officers, or maybe the MPD." she suspired. "sure." 

[reader's] POV

I told chishiya to find the nearest mpd office. I looked around to see if i could find any. Haha, we both found one, but no ones was in it. By the time we met back, it was night time. We didn't know exactly what time it was, but its fine. somehow, both our phones were dead. Thanks a lot, luck. There was something in the distance, and it was glowing. It was a little suspicious, since it seemed all the power was lost, but we decided on going there. actually it was just me who wanted to go, chishiya seemed a bit skeptical. It looked like a long walk, but it really wasn't, only about 5-10 minutes. we got there, and there were maybe 3 people already there. We saw a sign pointing towards 2 neck collars. The sign had writing on it that said "please take one." Both chishya, and I took one and clicked in on our necks. "Welcome to "brains and luck," a seven of diamonds game." a robotic voice said. 

"The rules will now be explained: You will each have a different crossword puzzle. Each a different level of difficulty. You will pull a stick to indicate what level you'll get. The nubers are 1-5, 1 being the easiest, and 5 being the hardest. You are not able to steal another crossword puzzle, or stick. If you do, you will die and the player you stole from will immedietly pass. You also cannot trade, if you do, both players will die. You will get 5 minutes to choose a stick. After getting your stick, and crossword to match it, you will go into a hotel room, only 1 player allowed for each room, and do your crossword. Once you enter a hotel room, the TV on the wall will indicate how much time you have to complete the crossword. Each room is different, and it will be based on luck. Once your time is up, you will put it into the basket inside your room. Then, you'll proceed to the waiting room, where your results will be shown. If you get more than 2 answers incorrect, you will die. If you have any blank spaces, you will die." The voice ended. 

"okay..uhm..."  I said nervously. "Do we have to play? We just want to go home." I asked quietly, just enough for the people to answer. "No. you newbies won't know what's coming at you. if you try to leave, you'll die." a gruff voice explained, rather harshly might i add. He was wearing cargo pants, and looked very dirtied and gross. Actually, now that i look, everyone did. "Okay." chishiya answered for me. "it's best we just play for now, choose your stick, hurry up." he whispered to me. "You have 3 minutes to choose your stick." the robotic voice said. 

I chose the one directly in the middle. "Oh! I got difficulty number 1! this should be easy!" I said out loud. A woman, maybe in her mid 30's, came up to me and started screaming at me. "YOU LUCKY BITCH. YOU'RE JUST A NEWBIE! HOW COULD THEY GO SO EASY ON YOU. THATS NOT FAIR! HOW COME I HAVE TO HAVE 4! GIVE IT TO ME ASSHOLE!" she yelled. she was wearing worn down high-heels, a cream-colored cardigan, a white shirt, both slightly dirtied, and a torn up black skirt. "i'm sorry ma'am, we can't trade, remember?" i managed to stutter. she lifted her arm up, likely to smack me, but an arm pulled hers down. "what a tantrum you just threw. I got 5, and i'm not going all crazy," Chishiya said calmly, "now if you would please, get away from my wife." he threw her arm to the ground. "HOW DARE YOU. UGH." she yelled. 

"Your time is up, please get your papers to match your difficulty." the stationary voice had said again. I grabbed my crossword accordingly, and went into a room. I looked at my crossword to see there were 5 questions for me to answer.  I saw a button underneath my TV set, with the words "press to start." on it. "Please press your buttons." The robotic voice said. i clicked the button and the choice started rolling. It was a wheel with 5 options, and it was rolling on the screen. The choices were 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 hour. Mines landed on 30 minutes, which seemed improper for my easy crossword.

down:

1. another word for "supper"

2. animal with black and white stripes, body-type of a horse.

across:

3. another word for "decor," commonly used for decorating a Christmas tree.

5. same family as Oxen

4. The first winter month

'hmm, i know the first winter month is December...good...uhhh same family as oxen....buffalo? I assume so...yes it fits! decor...decor...star? no...tinsel?...ugh no! lets see....ahh yes!!! Ornament! good, good! ahh this is fun! another word for supper is dinner. i know that. My favorite animal ♡! Zebra! oh goodie, that only took me 3 minutes!' i turned it in, and went to the waiting room. As i thought, no one was there. i waited calmly until the 4 minute mark. i heard the woman who attempted to assault me screaming and crying. "IM GOING TO DIE...IM GOING TO DIE. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" i heard her say, it was slightly muffled. Then i heard an explosion of some sort. and silence following it. 

a skimpy man came out, with the stick that had a "2" on it. I assumed he had the level 2. "goodness, what happened to her? what was that explosion?" i asked him. he looked to be around chishiya's and my age. "So you are new?..alright, i'll tell you whats going on," he started. "somehow, we were transported to a different dimension where we have to play death games to survive. It may be hard to believe, but i assume that woman had a 5 minute time limit. She didn't finish her crossword in time, so she died." he said. "o-oh. well...what are the other games? and when can i leave? is there a certain goal i need to acieve to leave?" i bombarded.

 "hm. there are other games, but you don't know what game it is, until you enter. And when you enter, you cant leave. a laser will shoot from the sky and kill you. hearts is a game that has to do with the phsycological mind, spades has to do with physical strength, diamonds has to do with brains, or how smart you are, and club games have to do with teamwork, and working together. No one knows the answers to your other questions." he finished. "a-ah, okay thanks..." right then, chishiya came out, smirking per usual. "Hey, hun. It was harder than i expected it to be...but i had an easy time limit." he told me. "congratulations on finishing this 7 of diamonds game, you now have a 5-day visa on your card."

A/N:

Wow! a good 1,306 words on this one! i hope you liked the first "real" chapter. It really didnt take me long to think of this random game, i just saw my grandpapa doing a crossword and thought of this. My grandpapa would be so good at this death game if it was real. Anyways, we're doing pretty good on the words, and this being a long chapter. uhhh yeah! I keep previewing this, and it says it only takes a few seconds to read it, but theres 1,306 wordssss (not including the a/n), so idk whats going on. It is considered a long chapter, right??? so confused. That's pretty much all,

I love you! stay safe! <3