Chapter 16: The debutante pt.1

If I didn't have work today, I would've slept the whole day. I'm just so tired of how Jeremiah keeps messing up. Does he even care? Why am I even thinking of him?? I sit up and groan, grabbing the nearest pillow and holding it to my face. "Y/n! time for work!!" Anna busts into my room and flys onto my bed.

"I'm tired." I roll over and pull the covers onto my head. She pulls the covers off of me, "Come on! Its our last day and today is the debutante ball!" she shakes me and I dart up. Debutante? It's today? Out of all days of course the last day of work is the day we do the most work. "Fine, i'll be down in a second." I shoo her out and pick out an outfit.

Maybe I should wear something more fancy today? I mean it is my last day. I look through my closet for a work friendly cute outfit, I throw things onto my bed and I almost throw this shirt until I notice its not mine, it's jeremiah's- from the day I stayed over.

Apart of me wants to set it on fire and throw it off a balcony but instead I huff and throw it on my bed. I do some more digging and I finally find a short dress and slide it on. I go to the bathroom mirror and my eyes widen, damn I look good. I continue my morning routine and head downstairs, where I see my dad packing up the house.

I slightly frown at the sight but it turns into a smile, "Look! there's my daughter who's going to UCLA!" He nudges my shoulder, "Whats the occasion?" He asks gesturing at our outfits. "It's for the debutante ball- it's really boring you shouldnt go-" I explain and he laughs. "I'll be there!" He sips on his coffee. "Y'know dad, we're gonna leave now-" I walk towards the door and Anna follows behind me.

"Is it me... or is your dad a little hyper today?" Anna asks getting in the car. "Oh he's like this all the time, trust me." I sigh driving off, "So.. how was the party?" Anna asks and I sigh, just when I forgot about it. "It was... interesting." I shrug and she smirks. "You and Jere did it." She assumes and my eyes widen. "Anna!" I laugh pushing her shoulder. "What? why wouldn't you take the opportunity?" She shrugs. "No! your way off." I look out the window.

There's an awkward silence and I think Anna caught on. "What happened?" She asks more serious this time. "He likes Belly." I simply say and her eyes widen. "NO WAY! WHAT?" She yells and I huff. "yup he likes her so much that he was willing to practically kill his brother." I sigh, "Wait what? Did you see?" she asks, and I nod

"I was feeling nauseous so I went to find him, he was watching belly and conrad from inside holding a firework, once they kissed he let it go." I explain and Anna is furious. "How did you confront him?" She asks and I sigh. "I asked him whats wrong and he wouldn't answer, so I put two and two together and asked if he was jealous. He just nodded." I frown at the thought, I shake my head out of those thoughts when I realize we're at work. I park the car and get out.

"It is what it is honestly." I sigh as she walks beside me. "Yeah, by the way I heard UCLA has some hot guys there." She shakes my shoulder giving me a cheeky grin. "Anna-" I laugh as I walk into someones tall figure, "Sorry!" I apologize until I realize who it is, it's Jeremiah. He simply walks away, not even looking at me. "What a dick!" Anna furrows her eyes at him as he walks away. I stiffen and continue walking. We stop at the note on the main door and Anna reads it out loud. "Indoor workers please help out in the ball room, thanks."

We walk towards the building and the ball looks amazing, there are trucks filled with decorations and we both sigh. "We should get to work."I sigh and we both part ways. "Y/n!" I turn the direction of the voice and I see my coworker, Jason. Jason is attractive but annoying, during shifts he talks to me nonstop about the most random things. "Jason, hi." I hide my annoyance and smile. He takes a look at my figure and I raise a brow, "Wow. You look nice today." He says and I nod, "Thanks-- do you need something?" I ask crossing my arms, "Oh yeah, Boss wants us to work in the dressing room of the ladies to help out." He gestures to boss and I frown, great not only do I have to work in a room full of daddy's girls, Belly is also one of those "Ladies."

"Great! what do I do now?" I'm doing a horrible job at hiding my annoyance, I rolled my eyes while i said great which caused him to raise a brow. "um, we have to place the chairs and such." I nod and he begins talking to me about how he swears his cat can talk. I realize he's probably lonely so I listen.

Several hours later it's time for the debutante ball, me and Jason head towards the back where all the girls are. I notice belly walking up to me and I turn around and curse under my breath, belly just walks in front of me and hugs me,, She lets go of the hug, "Thank you for being so cool about me and Jeremiah dating, I know you two had a thing going on." I suddenly go into a trance trying to comprehend what the hell is going on.

There's only three words to explain how I feel, One, Anger. Two, Confusion. Three, grief. "W-what? I thought you liked-" I breathlessly and she raises a brow, "Conrad?" she asks and I nod. "He doesn't even like me-" She starts laughing but her laughter fades away when she notices my facial expression. "Y/n-" She starts and I shake my head. "I'm- I'm happy for you two." I smile, walking away.

        I'm more surprised then sad, first, belly kisses conrad, then the next day she's dating Jeremiah? Clearly there's something wrong with these people. Even though I am moments away to finding their parents and exposing them, I wont. I won't allow it to ruin my mood. "Y/n?" I hear Conrads voice and it takes me out of my thoughts.

      "Have you seen Jeremiah??" 

_________________________________

This was supposed to come out yesterday and earlier today but wattpad kept kicking me out? I don't know it was really weird.

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS-- i'm planning on making a new book which is a continuous version of this one where y/n is in college. SO if you have any oc's you'd like to see in it or characters for the summer i turned pretty let me know in the comments. (I'll give credits to you for your oc)

I hope you enjoyed!