Chapter 10: Monster You Created

Y/n: No. Not again. Not another child to be left screaming in the dark.

I hid away, fully bearing the weight that his death was on me alone. I climbed my way onto the rooftop and looked west of here, the same way that Dahlia could be right now. Hopefully waking up, if she decides to run away in the meantime, I'll accept that, no questions asked. I'm a monster, no matter how much I try to convince myself or anyone else otherwise, unless...

One Hour Later...

Silco: Help her with the body.

The boy's mother and Sevika exchanged glances, and I could feel a betrayal in the midst. After Silco left, I emerged having heard the mother's hurt. Sevika recognized me immediately but seemed open-minded to my presence.

Sevika: Silco's looking for you and wants you found ASAP, but he doesn't need to know that you were here. What do you want?

Y/n: I want to help, that's all.

I approached the body of the boy and performed very specific motions that formed an orb above him. Inside, we could see him clearly but there was no sound, no color, and no real environment, only an empty void. I pulled out a rope from the darkness and tied it around myself.

Sevika: What are you doing?

Y/n: Fetching a soul from the grip of Death.

I took a dive into the abyss, his soul was easy to find, but getting it out without alerting any of the inhabitants is going to be the hard part. After minutes of dodging and weaving my way past the grasping horde of souls, I finally made it out. I helped align his soul with his body. I placed my hands on him and forced my energy to reach inside his body and heal him as his consciousness returned.

His mother rushed to his side and embraced her revived child. Sevika and Finn were surprised by these events, amazed by not only this act but the glimpse of the power that was revealed to them. I tossed my gloves aside as the black liquid dripped off the leather gloves.

Sevika: What's your goal? Silco thinks you're either trying to take over his empire or destroy both Piltover and Zaun. Which is it?

Y/n: I'll give you a hint, ever heard of a war on two fronts?

She gave a nod before noticing me disappear into smoke. I have previous arrangments to keep, I brought myself to where the walls meet the ocean. It was here I met with that council member again. My guess is he's here to talk business.

Jayce: I was reminded of what brought us together in the first place. We hired you to investigate Silco's operation, but you never came back with anything why is that?

Y/n: I found something, something I never thought I'd have again.

Jayce: What would that be? Power? Fame?

Y/n: Hope, I found hope. I found something that no one else could ever take away from me. I found myself again. That's why I dropped contact for so long but also, to give you this.

I handed over a journal containing everything about Silco and his operation, minus a few details but what he doesn't know can't hurt him. I walked away seeing as our business is over with. Yet as I walked away, I saw everything differently. I imagined a future, a happy future where everything is great, not perfect but great. I have purpose, and family.

At least, that's how it should have gone. Jayce also brought Silco to meet with him, it ended with Jayce demanding Jinx in return for Silco's demands. Matters only got worse when I entered the underground again and I heard a fight breaking out. I arrived to find Sevika's mechanical arm ripped out and the rest of her smashed against a... vending machine? It's a bit hard to tell at the moment with the damage done to it.