𝓐𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰

"So uh, where did you get pulled off to at lunch?" A voice said from beside Maddy which made her jump at the sound. Tedros simply laughed at the girls reaction to him until she could calm her heart beat down to reply.

"Just had to do some stuff with other people. Sorry about not coming back though. Everything I got told was a little overwhelming." She stated and turned to face the boy so they could have a proper conversation.

Maddy honestly didn't want to think about what Agatha and Sophie had talked to her about earlier. The first person that she has made friends with, actual friends with, ever, was about to be taken away by someone who she barely wanted to call her friend.

"Ah yes, your 'friends'." Tedros stated and put air quotes around the last word. Maddy knew what he was trying to say.
"Would you be able to tell me what this overwhelming information is?" He questioned and the two walked back to the archery range while waiting for everyone else to arrive and do their own things for class.

"I wish I could, but it's top secret. Kind of a 'Gavaldon only' conversation." She made up an excuse seeing as she didn't want to give away the plan that the others had talked about, even if she really didn't want it to happen.

"Although I was barely a part of it, so it may as well have been a 'Agatha and Sophie only' conversation." Maddy recalled the two girls barely saying anything to her, and her leaving the table without either of them arguing against it.

"Right. Well, how about we try and get your mind off of that?" He suggested and just then another boy walked over and gave Tedros a quick fist pump with a smile.
"Maddy, this is Chaddick, he is my right hand man, and my best mate. Chad, this is Maddy, she's one of the best swordsman I've ever seen."

Tedros introduced Maddy to a blonde haired, brown eyed boy who was nearly as tall as him.
"Yeah, I saw your fight earlier, your pretty good. Considering you favor daggers over anything else, but hey, I get it. It's the same for me with this." Chaddick smiled and held his bow to show what he was talking about.

"She's nearly better than you with one of them as well." Tedros joked to his best friend who just seemed offended that he would say something like that.
"You're that good, huh?" The boy asked and turned to look at the girl standing in front of him.

"Apparently. That's what people keep telling me. I just can't tell if their joking around or not." She answered and looked down to her feet.
"Well how about you show me. Obviously it's easy to hit the middle of the target because of the code, but, that's with your eyes open."

Chaddick walked closer to the range and stood in front of a target. He closed his eyes, grabbed an arrow from the quiver, loaded the bow and took a deep breathe before letting go and nearly hitting the middle bullseye.

Maddy just stared in shock.
"Okay, just because I practice on trees and moving targets does not mean I can do this with my eyes closed."

She was still so amazed that he had hit the target so close to the center.
"Trust me, you'll be fine. Just give it a shot, plus, it's only us here, so nobody will see if you do miss." Tedros reassured the girl and she sighed deeply before walking to line up to the target.

Maddy closed her eyes, took an arrow and slowly put it into the bow. She took a deep breathe and drew the string of the bow back. Taking her time to aim and after letting out another large breathe, the girl let go of the string, releasing the arrow.

After hearing it hit something, Maddy opened her eyes slowly, making sure she didn't hit anybody and then looking back at the target. It was in the. Dead. Centre. Of the target. Her jaw dropped and she looked over at the two boys, who were also in shock.