Chapter 16: Not so bad

Start from the beginning

" Why are you here alone.. Where is your male?" Raymond bluntly asked in a hostile tone. He coldly looked at her with a blank expression

" Don't you have something better to do?"

"Hmmmm?? Male?" Maxine hummed thinking what he meant by that. She tilted her head in confusion but after a while a light bulb shined right in the top of her head.

"Male.... Ohhh! You mean Sebastian!"

"Sebby is not my male, he is my b-best friend!" She bashfully said, that made her face slightly red to his remark.

"Best friend??" Raymond thought, confusedly looking at the female weirdly.

There was no such thing as a best friend in the beast world. There was no such thing for a male beastmen to befriend others, it was just unruly for them, especially to a female! Beastmen would never befriend a female, it was unheard of. Instead, if they wanted to court a female then they would pursue her in having the chance to mate not being friends!

The first time they met each other after the incident, Raymond thought she took interest in him and wanted him to become mates. But instead, she just wanted to become friends, which he instantly rejected both ideas. Not wanting to deal with any contact from other orcs.

Raymond knew one thing for sure that this female in front of him was weird and not like other females. Most females he met during his lifetime were snobby, loud, and careless. There were times where they criticized males for failing to provide. Sometimes they would abandon them for their mistake.

At times, she may be a bit annoying to deal with but he started to get used to her presence. She showed so much energy and positivity to him, who is just a lonesome beastmen with nothing going on in his life. Raymond cautiously listens to the white haired female blabber and rants while he lays back in the corner of the cave watching her.

"Anyway, long story short he dropped me off at Lezon's place since he had an expedition with the village chef. He will return by sun down."

" But don't worry about me Ray! I can take care of myself" Maxine hollered waving her fisted hands up and down in the air excitedly. Thinking that Raymond might be worried about her in some way. But to her dismay he looked at her blankly, not caring a single word she spoke.

" Don't you wanna know why I came here.." She dumbfoundedly questioned, moving her head slightly towards him like it was a secret.

Raymond hastily turned away facing the stone wall behind him as he didn't feel like answering her question. Since he already knew the answer to her stupid question and it was useless to talk about it now.

Soon the atmosphere between the two became stiff again like she was talking to a rock. She smiled bright back at him, who was still facing the wall. Maxine sighed, knowing that he wasn't much of a talker during her visit, although she was willing to try to make him talk even if it meant giving dumb questions.

***
Maxine POV

To be honest, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out his identity when he said his name so vaguely. It made my brain cells fried trying to recall who he was. Now I know that he plays an important factor in the story plot line since he was the 3rd male lead that supported the heroine.

The story goes he falls in love with her when she sings a song that makes his heart flutter an- BLEH! Feels so corny who the hell falls in love with someone just by their voice!? I don't know about you but it feels like she is some sort of princess in a nutshell.. Which princess you may ask, don't know. But she acts like that but more of a crackhead, not considering males feelings and only taking them lightly.