Chapter Nine: Explosions and Flashbacks

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's right, Shou. You haven't seen them." Hizashi noted idly. "They're the fast-moving ones. They're really thin and not nearly as strong as the darker Nomu, but..."

Many of the audience shivered at the reminder of the Nomu at the USJ. 

"But they've got the claws and fangs to kill." Izuku finished with a shudder, remembering how one had effortlessly caught up to some guy with a speed Quirk and tore him in half.

Many gagged. 

"Right. We're staying far away from that one." Shouta grimaced.

"Agreed. At the very least, they're mostly blind, so as long as you're quiet, you're safe." Hizashi smiled softly as he kissed Izuku on the forehead. "You know, it's almost domestic."

"Ha..." Izuku laughed dryly. "I suppose you're right. You know, except for the fact that I'm in my thirties." He flopped down on the chair. The room was rather large, thanks to Power Loader's help before he died. Izuku's eyes drifted over to the sleeping occupants in the room, before Shouta spoke again.

"Majima?" Present Mic looked like he was about to cry. 

"Shush, Problem Child. You're still a kid to us."

"Yeah, because you two are old." Izuku snickered as Hizashi laughed and Shouta glared half-heartedly.

"Any trace of her?" Shouta finally asked, and the room turned somber. Several 'sleeping' people shifted, and Izuku knew they were listening. He swore he saw Dabi's eye crack open, too.

"Who?" 

"Dabi?" 

"No... I found nothing." Izuku clenched his fists in frustration, as Hizashi glared at the ground. "I'm sorry."

"No, Little Listener, it's not your fault." Hizashi pulled him into a gentle hug. "Nemuri is strong, I'm sure she'll be okay."

Shouta and Izuku didn't bother to correct him. They shared a despairing look over Hizashi's shoulder. They both knew the odds. Nemuri was most likely dead. Once Shigaraki got you, you were lucky to be dead. And if you weren't, then you became a Nomu. 

There were many tears shed in the audience. Even Nezu shed a tear. 

Izuku's heart clenched at the thought of Nemuri—his first true mother figure—becoming a monster like that.

Inko looked hurt for a moment before realizing that dimension's Inko Midoriya was a bitch. 

"You're hurt—let me take a look at that arm." Hizashi realized, carefully unwrapping the injury that Shouta hadn't gotten to yet.

"You can stop pretending to sleep, Dabs." Izuku called out, looking at the dark-haired youth.

"You're too observant, brat." Dabi sighed as he sat up and stretched. "Hey, elf. Wake up, Izu's back."

The other occupant in the room cracked open an eye. "Izu?"

"Hey, Tamaki. How was your nap?"

"You look like shit." He deadpanned, and Izuku cracked a smirk.

"You look like Shou."

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" Aizawa raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm so done with you both." Shouta sighed, as Hizashi laughed.

The five of them were all that was left of a group that was once nearly twenty strong. Things were looking worse and worse by the day, and even now, after years of this shit, Izuku still couldn't wrap his head around the reality that was now their world. He sometimes kept expecting to wake up at home, but he knew it would never happen. He'd likely never see anyone outside of this group again.