- 9 -

Elizabeth stood in the locker room, slowly slipping off her shoes when Natasha suddenly burst in.

"Hey, Mav said to go straight to the classroom and to stay in our civies," she said, causing her and Callie to look at one another. Callie was already in her underclothes for her jumpsuit, and Elizabeth was in her shorts and bra.

"He always has the worst timing," she grumbled, slipping her clothes back on.

Liz and Bradley had decided to twin: obnoxious Hawaiians and grab shorts. The two sat next to each other in solidarity.

"Oh gosh, it's garish!" Hondo commented when the two walked into the classroom.

"Hey, don't knock the Bradshaw style," Liz expressed, posing in her red floral flannel. Her shorts showed off more leg than she usually would, her white t-shirt complimenting the red. That's when John came in rocking one as well causing the few who were in the classroom to groan, making the three friends laugh.

Javy walked in wearing tastefully fitting skinny jeans with a white shirt and his bomber jacket, closely followed by Jake who wore gym shorts and a tank top. It was odd seeing everyone in their civilian clothes. Elizabeth noted he must have just gone for a jog. The two caught each other's eyes before quickly averting. They sat down in their respective seats as a few more trickled in, some already in their flight gear since they were not properly informed of this change of pace.

Pete walked in wearing jeans and a black t-shirt, his bomber jacket overtop. He threw two footballs over to Hondo, who gracefully caught them.

"I'm sure you are all wondering why I didn't have you change into your flight gear today, though obviously a few of you did not get the message," Pete said with a smile. "Today we are going to be doing a team-building exercise. We will split you into two teams to play a little game I like to call dogfight football. Hondo and I will demonstrate it to you at the beach by the Hard Deck, so for now, change into something more comfortable if you can and meet me by the beach."

---------------------------------------

Once at the beach, Mav explained the rules of the game: two balls, and you must defend your side of the beach while simultaneously helping your teammates score on the opponent's side. Offense and defense at the same time.

Seemed simple enough... except Elizabeth knew nothing about football. She didn't know any of the terms except for field goal and touchdown. She stood there, watching her father and Hondo, and shook her head a bit.

"Today's team leaders will be two of our backseaters, Fanboy and Bob," Maverick said, causing a few of the pilots to look at one another surprised. "Us pilots get to lead decisions a bunch and sometimes we forget we are a team when we have someone in our backseat." Maverick motioned for the two boys to stand next to him. "Rock paper scissors who gets to choose first." The two stood with their fists on their palms. "Oh, and one more thing, when you pick who is on your team, pilots and their WSO cannot be on the same team."

Everyone looked at one another a bit surprised. Liz supposed that made sense. Really get us working with different people. Shows teamwork.

"Rock paper scissors shoot, rock paper scissors shoot, rock paper..." the two boys said to one another.

Mickey won, jumping for joy. He turned to the group of aviators, eyes looking around the group.

"Phoenix." He figured she had to be on his team, anyway. Bob's eyes scanned the group before landing on Liz. She had taken off her Hawaiian shirt, putting her only in her white t-shirt and shorts, showing off just how muscular she was. Her muscles were being shown off more since her arms were crossed.