Why is he acting this way????

You shake your head, deciding not to worry about it. If he really had feelings for you... he'd tell you.

...right?

If he wants to act this way.... Two can play at that game.

You follow him out into the kitchen. He's peering in the fridge. You walk up behind him, getting a little too close. "Are you making breakfast again?"

He can feel your body heat against his. His face red, he just nods in confirmation. You smile. "Great! I love it when you cook. You're way better at it than me, that's for sure." You say, pinching his arm gently. You walk away, leaving Bob a red mess once again. He can't take it when you compliment him.

You plop down on the couch, a mischievous smile on your face. It was funny watching him get flustered like that.

———

It's 8 AM for Matt. He groans, groggily wiping his eyes with his forearms. The loud ping of, "you've got mail!" Rings from his computer. Goddamn. Who the fuck emailed him? Nobody ever does.

He sits up in bed. Stretching, he yawns and pads over to his computer. Goddamn annoying ass email notification. He can't figure out how to turn it off for the life of him.

He wakes up his computer, eyes half lidded and still feeling exhausted.

Now let's see who the fuck decided to email me...

He navigates over to the inbox, clicking open the letter. He gazes at it sleepily.

Matt, I want to patch things up with you....

Meet me at the attached location.....

October 1st......

Yours truly,

(Y/N).

Oh.

He's very much awake now. He skims through the email again. Holy jesus fucking christ it's from you.

God damn. What the hell...?

He opens the attachment. It leads him to a little location - a small town in the middle of Iowa. So you... want to make up? Even after he stabbed you?

This has to be a weird setup of some kind. He can't imagine that you'd ever want to see his face again - not after all that trauma he caused you.

He stands up, making his way out of his bedroom. He goes to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. While that's brewing, he leans on the counter.

If you really wanted to see him... would that mean you want to get back together with him? He recalls the email. "I want to patch things up with you...." Huh. Well... this is certainly an opportunity he doesn't want to push aside. Maybe you still love him?

Sighing, he grabs his coffee mug and sits down at the computer.

Maybe he will come see you. He certainly misses you, that's for sure. But also... he wants to get revenge on your stubborn-ass so badly.

He quickly opens up an internet explorer tab.

Guess he's booking a flight to Iowa.

—————

You and Bob are sharing breakfast at the table. You smile, looking at his form. "Hey, your hair has gotten pretty long. You ever feel like cutting it?" You ask, shoving a bite of waffle into your mouth.

He shrugs. Truth be told... he's been so distracted lately that it never crossed his mind. "I uh... I dunno. Does it look bad?" He asks, eyeing you.

You finish your bite. "No! No. It looks really nice. It suits you." You smile, looking at him.

His face blooms red again. "Hah... thanks."

Stop being so nice! Stop!

Bob fidgets in his chair. He sneaks a look at you again. You're content, tapping on your phone and taking a bite of the waffle every now and then. Maybe he should tell you how he feels. This seems like a good time.

"Hey-"

"Oh by the way-"

You two both stare at each other, cutting yourselves off. Oops. You smile sympathetically. "Sorry. You can go first."

The moment is ruined.

Bob looks at his plate. "Ah- I was gonna ask if you needed anythin' from the store."

You scratch your head. "Um well... we do need milk. But you don't have to go alone. I can come with you."

He shakes his head. "No that's okay. You wanted to hang out with Lila today anyways, right?" Bob asks, standing and grabbing his plate.

You do the same, and follow him to the kitchen. "I mean, yeah. If you're okay with going alone..." you fidget a little. "I just feel bad. You're not obligated to do my chores for me."

Bob looks at you and smiles, dirty dish in hand. He gently takes yours as well and dunks them in the soapy sink water. "Darlin', there's nothing to feel bad about. I'm always willing to help."

You smile, turning away and groaning. "Ughhh you're too nice to me!!"

Bob simply laughs as you walk into your room. His smile drops however, as soon as you're out of sight. Damn. A missed opportunity for him to tell you how he feels. How long is this back and forth gonna go on for?

He sighs, finishing up washing the plates. He just wants you to be his.

He doesn't notice as you call his name multiple times.

"...Bob? Bobbbb...?" You drawl out, snapping your fingers a bit. "You okay?"

Bob shakes his head, surprised that he was caught spacing out like that. He looks over at you. "Huh? Oh.. yeah. What's up?"

You point at the door. "I'm going to Lila's now. I'll be back in a few hours." He watches as you step out the door and yell, "And I'll bring you some cookies! Okay baiiii!"

And you're gone. He sighs. Guess he needs to go buy milk now.

-

You're sitting down at the table with Lila, chatting and drinking tea. She looks over at you, a mischievous grin on her face. "So. I heard that Bob has been staying at your house these past couple days." She sips her tea.

You eye her. "Mhm." you're not too sure what she has up her sleeve.

"Sooo... what's it like? I never would have imagined him getting so close to you. Are you guys dating?"

You spit out your tea, eyes wide. "No! No god no Lila. We're just friends." However your red complexion says otherwise.

Lila laughs. "Hmmm... okay." She decides not to comment on your tomato face. "Well if you need advice, I'm always here."

You chuckle, looking at the TV. "Thanks, Lila."

She eyes her crossword puzzle. "On a different subject, I heard that the police have a lead on who the killer is."

You look at her. "Oh really? Like what kind of lead?"

She shrugs. "Eh I don't exactly know. I just heard it okay. Some people have been saying that he's going to mess up soon. Give himself away." She looks at you. "Let's hope he gets sloppy and makes a mistake. I'd like to see them catch the guy."

You look away, eyeing a stain on the carpet. "Yeah. Me too." You don't want to think about this anymore. Smiling, you look back at Lila. "Hey do you think I could take home some of your cookies? I promised Bob some."

She smiles. "Sure. I'll make sure to give you some before you head out."

You nod, simply looking at the TV again.