3

June 18th, 2005
——————

Bob always wanted to kill you. The second you stepped into his restaurant he knew that you would be easy prey. But once he learned you were that new surgeon moving in... his plans changed. Maybe he could use your skills in the future.

He wanted to use you. For something. He wasn't quite sure what that something would be, but he knew you would be a valuable asset to him. So he won't kill you. Yet.

For now, he wanted to get as close as possible to you. Learn your routine, your habits... he wanted to know everything about you.

—————

9:30 AM

You yawned and stretched, glancing up at the ceiling. The birds chirped outside, and you rubbed your eyes.

mmm... your house was so nicely air conditioned... and that dream you had last night was nice.

Suddenly you remembered... Bob was coming over to help you unpack! AND EAT LUNCH!

You sprung up from your "bed." FUCK! you had no food. Unless you count the pretzels you bought at the gas station yesterday. But you don't count those!!!

Panicking, you stand up and quickly run out to your car to grab some new clothes. Running back inside with a t-shirt and shorts in hand, you sprint over to the shower.

Stripping as fast as you possibly could, you flung yourself into the shower and washed quickly. Oh fuck. You should not have slept in.

Rinsing the suds out of your hair, you turned off the faucet and quickly dried off with a towel.

Who cares if my hair is wet... I need to go grocery shopping!

You quickly got dressed and practically ran out the door, locking it behind you. You figured that since the grocery store is a few blocks over, you would walk there. You didn't really wanna drive there with a mattress on your car anyway.

You walk/ran to the store, making sure to look both ways while crossing the street. A few people gave you strange looks, but you didn't really care.

Finally, you made it to the entrance with time to spare. Sweating and panting, you shuffled inside. Instantly you're met with air conditioning that calms your panicking self tremendously.

Grabbing a cart, you head straight to the bread isle. You grab a thing of white bread, and some bagels for breakfast. Then you grab cream cheese, regular cheese, and meat slices. You also wanted to grab some things to bake cookies for Lila, so you head over to the bakery isle.

You're not too good at baking or cooking... so you decide to grab a package of cookie mix. That way it'll be easier not to mess up. After picking out your things, you go and pay at the front counter.

The man working is nice, and he scans your items quickly. He then take a look at your face and squints. "Hey... you're that surgeon aren't you? The one that just moved in?"

Is that all people know you for?!

You sighed and smiled. "Yeah. I just moved in yesterday."

"I heard you're gonna be helping out at the hospital! We need more people like you."

You frowned. You were not in any obligation to help out at the hospital... and you certainly didn't get hired there. Rumors about you are spreading fast.

You laughed dryly. "Um well actually I'm-"

"They're resigned." A voice says behind you. You don't even need to look to see who it is because you already know.