Brother Black

Severus was sitting in the common room with Regulus, talking about his now official engagment. They were drinking tea, Regulus spouting questions about the wedding. 

Regulus asks, "So where are you going to have the ceremony?". 

"We were thinking of having it at Malfoy Manor. Ideally, I'd want it at Riddle Manor but we're going through renovations. Plus, I've always loved Narcissa's garden with the beautiful fountain centre". 

He nods, "That would be lovely. Plus we can use the banquet hall for the reception". 

"Exactly. We've already sent Lucius our plans since Narcissa insists on being our wedding planner. I do have to say, she's doing a fantastic job so far". 

"Speaking of...". He places his cup on the table, "...she was asking me if you finalised your wedding party". 

He smiles, "Yes we have. And yes, you are part of it. Since Lucius is officiating, you are now my best man". 

Regulus smirks, "You mean maid of honour?". 

He smacks his arm, "I'm not having this conversation again. I am not the bride". 

"Oh please, yes you are. Even Rabastan agrees". 

"He's your boyfriend, of course he agrees with you. Considering the last time he went against you". 

Regulus laughs, "I'm assuming Rabastan is Tom's best man?". Severus nods and Regulus smiles, "Good. I hear Lucius is doing better". 

Severus nods, "Tom and I saw him yesterday. Still grieving, obviously, but doing much better. Just...focusing on helping us with the wedding. They're seeing a mind healer once a week just to keep on top of things". 

"That's good. I...I still can't believe they had to go through that. I have no idea how I'd deal with it if it were to happen to me". 

Severus grabs his hand, "We'd all be here for you the same as we are for them". 

Regulus smiles, "Thanks". He waits till Severus takes a sip to ask, "So when are you and Tom having kids?". 

Severus spits out his drink, "W-what?!". 

He laughs, "You heard me. Come on, you can't tell me you haven't thought about it". 

He stutters, "I...I mean...I-I've thought about it s-sure. But...it's not exactly possible". 

Regulus nods, "Not biologically, no. But there are other ways to have children. You could get a surrogate or adopt. Considering Tom's from an orphanage himself, I'm sure he'd be open to it". 

Severus smiles, "Truly, I would love to have a family with Tom. I know he'd be an amazing father, so protective and loving. I know he'd spoil them rotten". 

He laughs, "Considering how he treats you, I wouldn't be suprised". 

"And I know you'd be the best uncle and godfather to them". 

Regulus looks at him in shock, "U-uncle? I mean, godfather sure, but uncle?". 

He nods, "Of course. You're basically my little brother, Reg. That makes you the uncle to my children. I've already talked to Tom about it and he agrees wholeheartedly". 

Regulus smiles and holds back tears, "Wow, thank you Severus. You have no idea how much that means to me".