Chapter 29 - The Mask Party

Start from the beginning

'Wa alaikumussalam. Noorie, how are you?' 

'I am fine, alhamdu lilLah. Hope you arrived home safely' 

They spoke for a while before she complained about the gifts. 

'Ahyaan, JazakAllah khairan (May Allah SWT reward  you with goodness) for the gifts. It's not like I don't appreciate them, but these things are too much please'. 

'Nothing is too much for my wife. And please Noorie, you don't have to thank me for anything, I am your husband, it's my responsibility to take good care of you'. Shazia blushed and she looked so beautiful he wished she was by his side. 'I'll be sending our drivers with the lefe tomorrow after Asr In Shaa Allah'. He informed her. 

'But I thought Abby said lefe shouldn't be done'. 

'Ohh sorry, this isn't lefe. It's a gift from me to my queen'. 

Shazia had no choice but to give in. 'Okay, may Allah SWT spare our lives till then. Thank you so mu…'. 

'Noorie!' He called and she stopped her sentence halfway, bursting into fits of laughter. They talked for a while before bidding each other goodbye. 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Aadeel's Residence - 8th March, 2021. 

'Thank you so much for today'. Aadeel wholeheartedly thanked his friends. 

'It's nothing, I'm just glad everything has been sorted out. At least now we can attend the celebrations in peace'. Khaleed informed him, sighing. 

'Same'. Naeem affirmed. 'May Allah SWT bless the union'. 

'Aamiin aamiin'. Aadeel and Khaleed chorused.

'I just can't wait for the wedding reception. I'm already picturing Gentle the groom!'. Khaleed paused. 'Who would have thought Aadeel will ever fall in love?? But there this guy was, shamelessly cuddling his wife in our presence'. He teased and the friends laughed. 

'I'm also finding it hard to believe that myself. It all happened so fast! And I'm really sorry I did that in your presence, it sincerely wasn't intentional'.

'Don't mind Khaleed please, he very well knows you got carried away'. Naeem told Aadeel. 'Besides, can you blame him? He was away from her for 10 days'. He reminded Khaleed. 

The friends continued talking about the wedding plans before Khaleed brought up another issue. 

'Hope things have settled between you and Husnah'.  

'Hmm, I'm praying over it'. Naeem facepalmed. 

'Why don't you discuss it with her? Apologise if you must and resolve issues? Communication is key in every successful relationship'. Aadeel reminded him. 

'She doesn't even listen to me. And the only way she communicates with me is through messages. It's really childish!!'. Naeem sounded really frustrated. 'I can't even complain to Umma about it, she'll definitely take sides again. Besides, I wouldn't want to be involving 3rd parties in my marital affairs. I'll just give her time, things will eventually get sorted out God willing. But I sincerely hope I don't lose my patience before then'.

'It shall be well In Shaa Allah' Aadeel assured him. 

'Thank you both, for always being there. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve your friendship'. Naeem was being honest. 

'Stop that please!!'. Aadeel reprimanded and Khaleed laughed hard.

The friends talked for a while before Naeem checked his wristwatch.