"Are You A Fake... Or Just Crazy?"

Start from the beginning

"Kind of a strange question, if you think about it," I continue with some amusement. "I like to think I'm not the kind of guy to go around passionately kissing people I'm not in a relationship with."

This makes her laugh, and I find myself staring, almost mesmerized. Her nose crinkles when she laughs. How have I never noticed that before?, I think while my heart gives a little flutter. I can't help but smile at the contagious sounds coming from her. 

I eventually find myself joining in. As our laughter fades gradually, our eyes connect again and another comfortable silence falls. This time, neither of us looks away for a while. I let my eyes wander over her features, and I find myself wishing I could somehow capture the way she looks right now and store the image forever in my memory. Her (y/h/c) hair frames her face perfectly as it shines from the dim light of the street lamp beyond the gate. Her (y/e/c) eyes glisten too, and the more I look, the more deeply I'm caught up in them. But what really has me entranced is the emotion glimmering in those perfect eyes of hers. It's one that I haven't seen before, so I can't quite place it. Perhaps it's deep-rooted affection? Or... maybe even..... love?

I feel my heart beat wildly at the thought, and suddenly... I feel unsure of myself. No one's ever looked at me the way she is right now, and that thrills me, but at the same time.... I feel a small twinge of fear. Am I really reading this right? Is it possible that she really loves me despite my past, my shortcomings, my insecurities--in short, all the things that make me, me? I feel another pang of doubt. It doesn't really seem possible... or even probable. 

At this thought, I abruptly break eye contact, choosing to distract myself with concern for her ankle again. I examine it gingerly as I continue to crouch in front of her, careful not to cause her more pain.

"This really needs ice," I say absently. "Unfortunately, I don't have any... I probably should have thought about that before bringing you--mmph."

I'm abruptly cut off by the soft feeling of her lips on mine. A firm hand on the back of my neck is gently pulling me forward so she doesn't have to lean in so far, while the other rests lightly on my shoulder. One of my hands finds her knee, using it to quickly steady myself as my mind tries to catch up to what's happening. Her kiss is gentle, but demanding--and her lips move in unfamiliar, but mind-numbingly sweet patterns against my own. 

Finally recovering from my surprise, I allow myself to melt into the kiss, letting her take control

Finally recovering from my surprise, I allow myself to melt into the kiss, letting her take control. And she does. She kisses me slowly, deeply as both her hands reach up to softly hold my face. My hand grips her knee tighter as I feel her thumb gently caress my cheek. The gesture feels intimate, and impossibly tender. So much so that I can almost forget every doubt I just had about her feelings. Almost. 

The kiss lasts what feels like only a few seconds before her lips slowly pull away, but she remains close, her warm breath ghosting over my face. I slowly open my eyes, taking in the perfect features of the woman in front of me. For a few moments, I'm too dazed for words.