Not Quite Fireworks

A/N: Seriously, thank you so so sooooooo much for all the reads and support! <3 It's gotten more reads than I ever thought it would. Ya'll are the best! Love you all so much!

Please enjoy this *spicy* chapter! I feel like this pic sets the mood... Now, without further ado...

-------

You've heard people say that when you kiss the right person, it's like fireworks go off in your mind.

Well, whoever said that got it wrong, because you feel like your mind might just stop functioning altogether.

Min-hyuk's lips are pressed against yours in the most gentle kiss you've ever received. For a moment, you can't tell if his lips are even touching yours, but then they begin to move against your own, caressing with a tenderness you never thought possible. His lips are soft. Softer than you imagined they would be. Your eyes flutter closed and you want to just stay in this moment forever.

I can't believe this is actually happening, you think as you lose yourself further in the kiss. Min-ah is kissing me. He's really kissing me...

You actually feel a little faint, now that you think about it. How long had you been wishing this would happen? Years? And now it finally is. You feel like your legs might give out at any moment. Your heart seems to beat a little faster as you suddenly think that this might be a dream too. Good lord, because of him you didn't even know what's real and what's fake anymore. Why does he make you question everything? 

But this is real. You're positive this time. Absolutely positive. You're done questioning reality. As Min-hyuk continues his slow, sensual exploration of your lips, you grow more and more sure. This is real

You sense him shift ever so slightly nearer to you, but you can feel hesitancy in the step, as if he wants to get closer but is holding himself back. Your heart flutters with renewed adoration for your childhood friend as you realize he's waiting for you to give him a sign that he can go further. Even in the heat of the moment, you're blown away by his consideration for you. He's waiting for your permission. How is he so perfect? you think. 

Your hands seem to have a mind of their own as they grab a fistful of his white shirt and pull him none too gently closer to you. If he is waiting for permission, you intend to give him all the permission he needs. 

You hear him let out a small noise of surprise as you practically yank him forward. You notice he has to quickly adjust his footing so he doesn't lose his balance, and you start to mentally kick yourself for being so impulsive. But he recovers from his surprise almost immediately. Lips still locked to yours, he slams his other hand against the bookshelf in a quick attempt to steady himself, effectively trapping you between both of his arms now.

Taking this as your consent, he regains his balance and wraps one arm around your waist, pulling your body flush against his, gladly reciprocating your enthusiasm. You're forced to tilt your head back a little as he pulls you close, and you're reminded of just how tall his is compared to you. His other hand finds its way to the back of your neck, entangling in your hair and allowing him more control of the kiss. 

Slowly, your hands unclench around his shirt and come to rest lightly on his chest. You can feel the warmth of his muscled body through the thin layer of fabric, and you doubt if you've ever felt more safe than you do right now. You even think you can feel his heartbeat, quick and erratic against your hand, though it's hard to make out over the sensation of your own wildly beating heart. 

You're not sure how long you stay like that, locked in each other's arms, exploring the new experience of kissing your childhood friend. Seconds? Minutes? It could have been years for all you knew or cared.