CH10 THE MOONLIGHT TALK

Start from the beginning

“Guys, another wonderful show! This is our last one for the

southern states. Next, we move up north toward the central zone. Are you ready?”

The entire team cheered with excitement, but none of that registered in Akshara’s mind. The only things she was aware of was the way her heart was beating and how he held her. The waves of unrecognized sensations threatened to consume her as she stood still in his hold.

Later that night, Akshara grabbed her bag from her dressing room after changing out of her heavy outfit. Over the weeks, she had made a good transition into accepting the outfits chosen for her by the costume designer —dresses that made her stand out in front of the crowd—and she started to like the way she looked. The pictures of Abhimanyu and her on the stage always made her heart race.

She stepped out and walked toward the lobby where the team gathered to leave the event location. From the time they started the tour, the protocol was for half the team to travel at a time. As part of that plan, Vansh and a few of the band members always left on the first trip.

Akshara walked into the empty lobby and placed her bag on one of the chairs and sat next to it. She pulled out her phone and called her mother.

She was mid-conversation with her mother when Abhimanyu and few others showed up.

She smiled at Abhimanyu, who kept his eyes on her as he walked to her. A throbbing started in her heart, and she felt the crimson creep into her cheeks, causing her to start rambling on the phone.

When he was a couple of feet away, she abruptly hung up when she realized he was going to come sit close to her.

She looked up, smiling at him when he stopped in front of her.

“Hey.”

“Akshara, got a few minutes to chat?”

“Sure.” She shifted in her chair.

“Did I get you into trouble?” He smirked.

“Trouble?” She scrunched her nose.

“For singing a mash-up with me.” He kept his eyes locked with hers.

She shook her head. “I never get into trouble for anything.”

“Not even with your father? He probably isn’t thrilled you sang something that isn’t classical, but you were mind-blowing.”

“My father would never oppose anything I want to do. I never needed to do anything that he didn’t approve of.”

“A daddy’s girl, huh?” he teased.

She smiled at the thought of her father. “All the way. He is my best friend, and I talk to him every day.”

“How does he feel about you being on this tour?”

She shrugged. “What about it? He was supportive of my interest in being a part of this tour.”

He chuckled. “Did you mention the tour was with my band?”