CH07 HE WANTED HER

Start from the beginning

“You haven’t got one tune right all morning. What has gotten into you?” Abhimanyu sounded angry.

“Abhi, calm down, it’s only the first day, and I am a bit tired from…” Arya’s words were lost when she saw Akshara.

Akshara stopped as soon as she saw the surprise in Arya’s eyes and realized she walked into a conversation that she wasn’t a part of. Just hearing the stress in Arya’s voice, she didn’t think as she walked backstage.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay.”

Arya rolled her eyes and smiled. “Abhi is just having a meltdown.

We are okay.”

Akshara turned away and barely took one step when she heard him growl.

“A meltdown? You have been so distracted that I am starting to think you don’t give a shit about this tour.”

“Abhi, I told you. It was nothing. I slept late.”

“Are you on drugs?” Abhimanyu’s words shook the room.

“Don’t be an asshole, Abhi. I know we have a strict policy. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill,” Arya fired back.

Abhimanyu took a slow, deep breath and in a calmer tone said, “Get out.”

Arya blinked in silence as if in shock, and Akshara’s heart dropped into her stomach.

“Out…Now!!”

“Are you out of your mind?” Akshara could tell Arya was fighting back angry tears.

“You have an hour to pack and leave, or else I will have you thrown out.”

Abhimanyu took a step closer to Arya, his eyes boring into hers. “I don’t want people who don’t believe in the things I do on my tour or in my band.”

“What?” Arya barked. “You are asking me to leave the band?”

“I am not asking. You are fired. Leave.” His voice was brutal.

Akshara stood rooted to her spot, not knowing what to say. She could only think of calling Vansh when Abhimanyu walked away, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

“Abhi, don’t be stupid. Is this some kind of a joke?” Arya cried out, looking in his direction as he walked away.

Her words made him stop, and he turned to look at her. “It will not be funny if you don’t leave now. Start packing.”

“Who the heck is going to sing if I go?” Arya challenged.

Abhimanyu turned, his glare intense. “If I could teach you to sing, I can train anyone. Now…Out. Or else I will have you escorted out of the hotel and have someone else pack your things.”