Chapter 29: Friends Still?

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for inviting me over," Evelyn said catching his attention again.

"I figured it would be a step toward getting our friendship back to how it was," Topper said, "Or at least some what close."

Evelyn smiled, leaning her head on Toppers shoulder turning back to the movie. She felt his body stiffen under him.

"Is this alright?" Evelyn asked lifting her head, "I can move..."

"No, no. It's fine," Topper said as Evelyn nodded laying her head back on his shoulder.

It had never been abnormal for the two to be close like this before. They had spent many night at each others houses, sharing the same bed. They both let out a laugh as something funny happened on the screen.

"This movie is so stupid it's funny," Evelyn said.

"Yeah," Topper agreed finishing off the soda that was in his cup.

After thirty minutes filled with laughter the movie came to an end.

"Wanna watch the second one?" Topper asked.

"Sure," Evelyn said, "I don't have anything else to do tonight."

Topper grabbed the remote, turning the second movie on.

"You ever notice how most sequels aren't ever as good as the original?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah. Sometimes I feel like the stretch it way too far," Topper agreed.

"I really am having fun tonight," Evelyn said looking at Topper.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah. It's nice to get away from the craziness and relax for a night," Evelyn said.

"Craziness?" Topper asked.

"Just friend drama," Evelyn said.

"Well you're always welcomed here to get away from it all," Topper smiled.

"Thanks," Evelyn smiled back at him.

She looked into his blue eyes, though they weren't as bright blue as JJ's. Toppers eyes were like the color of the water when a storm was rolling in, like the water that would always give you the best waves for surfing. Evelyn realized how close her and Topper were to one another, her breath hitching in her throat. Toppers eyes flicked from her green ones down to her lips and back.

He reach up, pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear that had fallen. His hand rested on her cheek as he pulled her in, their lips meeting. At first Evelyn didn't move her lips due to shock. She then pulled Topper closer, deepening the kiss.

The boy grabbed her hips turning her so that she could lay down on the couch. Evelyn closed her eyes as Topper kissed down her jaw letting out ragged breaths. A moan fell from her lips as he kissed right under her ear. Evelyn grabbed the back of Toppers neck pulling his back up so that his lips were on hers. She pulled on his hair earning a groan in response.

"You're so beautiful," Topper whispered kissing down her neck.

"Topper!" someone called out making the teens pull away from on another.

"Shit," Topper whispered.

"Is that your mom? I thought you said they weren't going to be home tonight," Evelyn said sitting up and adjusting her shirt that was exposing her bra.

"They weren't supposed to be," Topper said, "I'm in here mom."

Toppers mom walked into the living room looking at the two sitting on the couch.

"Oh, hello Evelyn," she said, "I didn't know that you'd be here."

"She just came over to watch a movie," Topper said shifting uncomfortably.

"I was actually just getting ready to leave," Evelyn said making Topper look at her.

"Well don't let me run you off," she said.

"Oh no. My parents just want me home," Evelyn said.

"All right, you have a good night then," she said, "I'm going up to bed Topper."

"You have a good night as well," Evelyn smiled at the woman.

Both teens let out a sigh as the heard Toppers mom walked up the stairs.

"That was close," Evelyn said standing up.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Topper asked.

"I think that would be best," Evelyn said still confused about how all of that transpired.

"Let me walk you to your car," Topper offered.

"Okay," Evelyn said walking out of the living room as he followed.

The two walked to her car in silence, Evelyn praying that Topper wouldn't try and talk to her about the kiss.

"I had fun tonight," Topper smiled leaning against the drivers side back door.

"Yeah, me too," Evelyn said.

Topper went to lean in, Evelyn stopping him with her hand on his chest, "Topper."

"What?" Topper asked pulling back.

"What happened in there," Evelyn said, "I just got caught up in the moment and I--"

"It didn't mean anything," Topper said taking a step back, "I get it. You don't like me like that."

"No, that's not what I'm saying," Evelyn said stepping toward the boy, "I just have a lot going on right now. And my mind is kind of all over the place and..."

"I get it," Topper said cutting the girl off, "I just got out of a pretty messy relationship anyway. I probably shouldn't be throwing myself at someone right now."

Evelyn sighed with relief, "Friends still?"

"Oh we're friends now," Topper laughed.

"Yeah, I guess we are," Evelyn laughed.

"Friends," Topper said pulling the girl into a hug.

Starting on Episode 8 now! I'm hoping to have this story done by Monday 💛
~A