Chapter 19: Simply investigating!

Почніть із самого початку

"She was upset and I was just trying to calm her down," I said to him. "She needed com- pany and comfort, so I gave that to her. And I told her that if she needed to explain, I'd say it was a prank gone wrong, that's all."

"How did you even find her?"

I snorted at his oblivion, because wasn't it obvious I knew? "I found out your plan weeks ago, dear brother. You guys are quite easy to spy on."

Harry froze for a second, then started look- ing around worried if anyone had heard; no one had. "Please don't tell anyone!"

"You know I won't. Now, did you get infor- mation?"

He started telling that indeed, Malfoy wasn't the heir and didn't know who was. He did however, tell them last time the Chamber was opened, someone died.

"He also didn't believe I was the heir," he said, sounding relieved.

"Of course he doesn't, it's a rediculous idea. We're both in Gryffindor, our parents were, as far as I know, how could you be the heir?"

Harry looked doubtful and conflicted, like there was something else. "Well... I almost wasn't in Gryffindor. The Sorting Hat said I'd do good in Slytherin too..."

"Harry, the Sorting Hat weighs all the choices," I said, trying to make him feel better. "It said I would be good in Raven- claw too and even considered Hufflepuf! But you're in Gryffindor, which means those traits were what makes you you."

He sighed in defeat, though I didn't think he truly was convinced yet. I also told him about how Hermione wouldn't be watching my every move anymore.

"Really?!" Harry exclaimed surprised. "How did you manage that? Hermione never backs down like this!"

"She felt guilty because I was being so nice, while she hadn't exactly been a great friend," I told him, even though I didn't actually agree. Hermione had all right to be suspiscious. "She promised to stop looking and I don't think she'll help Ginny and Lili- ana either."

*~*

Harry's POV:

Christmas came and just like last year, Ron woke me up excitedly, eager to open presen- ts.

Out of Lucy's friends, only Ginny had stayed over break. Vanessa had gone home to her family, as I'd expected, since she was mug- gleborn and had really missed her family I assumed.

"I just hope her parents don't pull her out of school," Ginny said that day. "I mean, they must be scared for her, with all that's been going on."

"She's not going to tell her parents," Lucy said. "Her parents won't know, so they won't pull her out."

"I'm not telling my parents either," Hermi- one commented. "They'll just worry all the time. I bet none of the Muggleborns are telling this at home!"

I spent Christmas with Ron, and the twins and Lucy mostly. We played Exploding Snap, Lucy and the twins got food from the kitchens and we stayed in the Common Room all day.

I'd gotten another Weasley sweater and so had Lucy (hers was green with golden 'L' like me), who was very happy with it too. "That's so sweet!" She'd said. "I'll send her a letter to thank her!"

We went and visited Hermione in the Hospital Wing as well. We of course, had to come up with a reason why she was in there, but as she'd promised, Lucy just said it was a prank gone wrong.

Two days later, Fred and George decided we should all go ice skating on the Black Lake. I really can't ice skate and neither could Lucy, but we went anyway and had fun.