Wrong Partner Pt. II - K. MJ x Reader

Start from the beginning

We got into my car and I drove Minji to work.

It might not have been made to clear before, but Minji is a paralegal. Which made her prior situation all but more weird.

She had the power and connections to get her ex arrested in a heart beat.... but she was so beaten down that she used those connections to get him out of trouble instead.

"Bye, I love you!" I exclaimed as Minji got out the car to head into her building.

Minji looked at me in shock and I realized what I had just said.

"Umm, I'll see you after work" She replied before closing the car door.

"Stupid! Stupid!" I said to myself banging my head on my steering wheel.

After dwelling in embarrassment for a bit, I headed down to work.

"Good Morning, Gyongchalgwannim!" The secretary greeted me.

"If it isn't Ms. Kim's lover!" The Lieutenant teased.

He loved the idea of me and Minji dating. He constantly invited us for dinner over with him and his wife. He always joked around about calling the cops on a cop if I'm not behaving myself.

Of course, he had no right to know what happened between behind closed doors.

That's our business.

And I wouldn't dare to have the Lieutenant or any anyone else see Minji as we all did her ex.

My day went by fast.

Minji had a late night at work today so she didn't come over. I was just left with this stinging bitter feeling in my heart....

I always just ignored it. I loved Minji too much.

I didn't want to feel like I regretted getting with her or feel any sort of resentment towards her actions.

Soon enough, The next day came around. As I walked into the station I was greeted by a new yet familiar face.

"Oh Gyongchalgwannim!" The person exclaimed.

"Ms. Mo, what are you doing here? Do you need assistance?" I asked her wondering what it is that she was doing here.

"Ms. Mo here is a new recruit. She transferred here just today. I've been telling you about her for over a month," The Lieutenant spoke up coming from behind miss Mo.

"Right, must have slipped my mind" I responded with an awkward laugh.

"You know, you been acting kind of weird lately. Everything okay?" The Lieutenant asked me.

"Yes, of course!" I answered him.

"Actually, Ms. Mo is my new neighbor" I told him trying to change the conversation.

"Oohhhh yyeaahhh," Jihye replied with a bright smile.

"What are the odds? That's a nice meet cute if you ask me!" The Lieutenant joked.

"Ms. Kim!" He then yelled towards the door.

"Good Morning, Lieutenant!" Minji responded as she walked into the station.

"What a nice surprise!" The Lieutenant said giving her a hug.

"Yes, here you go!" Minji replied with a cute giggle handing him a cup of coffee.

"Here you, Jagi!" She then turned to hand me a coffee and greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, Honey!" I replied kissing her cheek too.