|•I•|

"The decreed hour is come." 

King Regis' voice echoed through the empty room where four sets of ears were eagerly listening. 

"Set forth with my blessing, Prince Noctis." 

The young raven haired prince quickly bowed, his hands at his sides.

"Thank you, your majesty." he adds swiftly at the end.

After a short moment of silence the king then commands, "Take your leave. And go in the grace of the gods."

"Right, " Noctis breathes before he swiftly turns and leaves the room without a word.

Gladiolus then quickly bows, followed by Ignis and finally Prompto before they turn to leave as well, soon keeping up with the prince's rushed pace.

"Well, princes will be princes." the blonde breathes once they were out in the open air.

"So much for royal protocol," the advisor sighs, disappointed at how ungraceful their recent encounter went. 

"Not like you had to deliver a formal address," the shield adds.

"He is your father after all."

Ignis just shook his head. "That does not mean he should simply....."

"Your Highness!" A familiar voice called.

The four paused and turned to see King Regis, cane in hand, limping down the several steps with Drautos faithfully by his side. 

"What now?" Noctis sighed under his breath as he jogged over to them. It was then he noticed another figure standing beside them. It was girl, her hair tied back and wearing what seemed to be a glaive uniform. She didn't look any happier that the prince felt.

"Who's she?" Noctis asked, glancing at his father.

"This," Regis motioned for her to step forward. "Is Kendra. She will also be accompanying you on your journey." 

"Why? You don't trust the four of us on our own?" the prince raised a brow.

"I have my reasons, Noctis," the king simply replied as Kendra made her way to the rest of the party. 

"Uh, hi?" Prompto tried to greet but she just  rolled her eyes and looked the other way. "Rude much?" he then mumbled, Kendra heard but just ignored him.

It was then the King Regis turned to address them and they stood to attention. 

"I ask not that you guide my wayward son, but merely that you stay by his side." he spoke.

"Indeed, Your Grace," Ignis bowed.

"We'll see the prince to Altissia if it's the last thing we see," Gladiolus added.

"Y-yeah. What he said," Prompto echoed.

"Right," Kendra mumbled.

"I hate to break this up," Noctis spoke up. "But Cor's got the motor running. Drautos, he's in your hands!" he waved them away.

"And another thing," the king stopped him again. "Do mind your manners around your charming bride-to-be."

The prince rolled his eyes, bowing to his father. "Your majesty as well," he responded sarcastically. "Try to mind yours around our esteemed guests from Niflheim."

"You have no cause for concern."

"Nor do you."

The three made their way to the car, where Kendra sat in the back middle seat without waiting to be told and Ignis opened the front door for Cor to come out. "Take care," Cor said to the advisor in goodwill.