Ch. 22: Good Times

Start from the beginning

It happened about 5 months back, when Halo was a month old. Maurice & I took the kids to the park, for some much needed fresh air. After a little while, while Maurice played with Nevaeh at the park. I stayed back on the bench not too far from it. Halo started to get a little fussy, so I started to breast feed him. I didn't think we'd be out long, so I didn't pack anything to cover myself. I wasn't thinking anything of it, because it's no big deal anyway & there were hardly anyone at the park that day. As I'm feeding him someone stands over my shoulder, I could see their shadow & was preparing to attempt to cover myself as they cleared their throat above me and said...

"You should really put that away. Don't nobody wanna see yo' titty meat."

I turned around so fast, just ready to curse whoever the fuck thought it was cool to try me, out. Only to be met by the smiling face of my highschool best friend! I stood up as fast as my legs aloud & wrapped one of my arms around her & we hugged for a very long time. We spent hours catching up, so much so that we ended up going back to the house & talked more. Seeing her tease Maurice was nostalgic & just us all falling back into old habits, cracking jokes etc with each other was the silver lining we needed for all of the sad/bad times we had been having lately (More on that later).

Our kids got to meet & got along so well playing together at the park & later at the house. It warmed my heart, because we always said that our kids would be the best of friends like us. So when we lost touch in college, I was fucked up about it. Ultimately that's how I ended up becoming friends with Lex. Rhonda's son Travis Jr was the same age as Nevaeh & their birthdays were only a few days apart. Vaeh is a people person like her dad, so it only took a few jokes for her to warm up to her new Auntie Rhonda. Which was then followed by fifty thousand questions about how she was her Auntie & why she never seen her before. The same was asked of me by TJ, that Rhon & I glady answered & explained for both kids.

Rhonda gave us the 411 on her current situation. She was divorced & moved back home to start over. TJ's father, Travis was far from a deadbeat. When he heard about her moving back home, he transfer jobs & moved down here to be closer to his son & to continue to help raise him. She says he still wants to work on them rekindling & eventually getting back together. But she was and is against it completely. Ever since that day in the park me & Rhon have been joined at the hip just like old times.

3:45 PM

The party had gone on pretty well

The party had gone on pretty well. Our village had come together to help celebrate, obviously. Her cousins, Uncle, Grands & some kids from her class as well. It was a good time to be had by all. We sang happy birthday & the usually outgoing Nevaeh was blushing and acting all shy. It was the cutest. My mom got a good picture of Maurice & I kissing each cheek of hers as she blew out her candles. We all flicked it up & then let the kids go on.

We enjoyed the cake, cupcakes & ice cream & all of the kids were running around burning that sugar off. The old folks mentioned how all of them were going to sleep real good tonight. I told my mom that was good for her & Earl since they were definitely getting both kids tonight. I was trying to fuck the shit outta my husband with no interruptions!