Ch.8: Bomb Dropped

I was really living the song 'Love' by Destiny's Child. Maurice had a small vacation from his job & for the last two weeks we were in our own little world. I was in complete bliss being in his presence. I only left for work & couldn't wait to return home to him everyday after. I loved how he was making me feel & just his energy period. Even after he nursed me back to health, I still had days were I was still throwing up. He'd give me something for it & just let me lay with my head on his chest until I felt better.

He always had a meal waiting for me after work. We'd eat, watch old cartoons on some nostalgic shit, talk about life & moving forward & of course the day wasn't complete without him bending me over & giving me something I could feel.

I hated that he was going to be leaving soon, I just wanted him to stay forever. He told me that it was nothing to transfer down here. In fact, he was considering it. Anything for me, he said.

After one of our many walks in the park talking, somehow we ended up making out in the leaves. In that moment I felt something, I hadn't felt since we were teens. I felt warm & complete. I was in love! That's what it was. Love!

We had to rush out of there because the sky went from blue to gray in under a minute

We had to rush out of there because the sky went from blue to gray in under a minute. It was about to rain & he wanted to beat it before it got really bad. The forecast said there was thunderstorm coming.

This was our last day together before he had to leave. We spent the rest of the day just chilling, eating bullshit in the bed watching movies. I fell asleep on his chest as he rubbed my back, until he too was asleep with his head against mine.

When his alarm went off the next early morning, indicating that it was time for him to get up for his flight, we both looked at each other with a defeated look.

"Aw, I wish you could stay" I whined. He gave me a pouted look that matched mine.

"I do too. I don't wanna leave you baby" he said as he walked around the bed to hug me. We held each other for a good while before we separated.

"You should just quit your job & just stay with me" I half joked

"You should just quit your job & just stay with me" I half joked. I was dead ass. He could just get one out here or instead of considering transferring down here, actually do it. I wanted him to stay so bad.