❝𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫❞

☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎

𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚊𝚗𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚙𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚒 𝟽!

𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝𝚢

𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚒'𝚖 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎

You remembered the last seconds before the tragedy. The last Duel Noir just took place, at the infamous Sirius Observatory.

You were closer to her. You knew her longer.

So why did she go for the older girl?

You watched as Kyoko tried to shield Yui from the falling debris of the observatory. Her hands were scarred and you've never seen her so scared.

You've never been so scared.

Because she said she'd be with you till the end.

She said she'd protect you.

Where was she when the walls fell on you, trapping you inside the remains of the observatory?

She choose the girl she barely knew over her own girlfriend.

What hurt the most, was that you weren't really surprised.

☕︎︎

The lights from the hospital blinded you when you finally gained consciousness. It took you a while to understand where you were, but it all clicked when you saw the white blanket covering you, the IV in your arm, and the bandaged hands of your lover.

You turned your head weakly to look at her, but even now, she wasn't present. Kyoko as always, was too deep in her thoughts to see you.

"You know..." It hurt to speak, your throat sore. But you knew that without making your presence known verbally, the girl wouldn't ever notice you. "I'm sick of missing you when you're right here."

The look of confusion passed on her face. How could she still pretend? Why couldn't you pretend anymore?

"...How's Yui?"

"She died. I couldn't save her." You bit your tongue before you could say anything.

She didn't save Yui, but she didn't also save you.

"What are you doing here then? You don't seem that wounded to need to stay in the hospital." You glanced at her bandaged hands. They were probably badly scarred from the fire.

"What do you mean Y/N? I'm here to see you." She said that as if it was the most oblivious thing in the world.

"Why?"

"Because you are my girlfriend!"

"Am I? Tell me Kirigiri, did you ever see me? Or was I just a background character?"

A deep frown appeared on her face. Something unusual for you, as she rarely showed any emotions. At least, that's how you saw her. She didn't spend much time with you though.

"Y/N, stop this, you need to stay healthy and-"

"Do you need me now? Now, when Yui died. Is that it?"

Kyoko stood up from her chair in anger. She looked at you with a cold glare. One you weren't familiar with.

"What the fuck is your problem! You never had a problem with me and Yui! And it's not like I was cheating on you, me and her weren't dating or anything!"

"Just because I never said anything doesn't mean it never bothered me." You muttered. This was the first time you heard Kyoko Kirigiri yell at someone.

"If it bothered you so much, why did you stay with me!"

"I didn't want to leave because I finally felt like you needed me there. It didn't last."

The slightly older girl scoffed at you and turned away from the bed.

"You're a clingy bitch, that's all." You hoped it wasn't visible on your face just how much the words had hurt you.

"It sucks, Kyoko. It sucks because I want to hate you, but I can't. You don't have to love me. I've accepted that. But if you've ever cared for me, stay."

She didn't move from her spot, frozen in thought. It's quite sad, the first time you had her full attention ever since you started dating, was the moment you were at the verge of breaking up.

"Tell me you don't want to leave. Say I'm enough to make you stay. I know it's not true, but please just say it."

You watched as she took a hesitant step towards the doors.

"This is the end then, L/N. Farewell."

You let your tears fall when the doors closed after her.

In the end, loving is what hurts the most.

☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎︎