Chapter 9

Published on: January 14, 2023

A/N: Sorry for being late on posting schedule🥺🥺, plus here is another lengthy chapter with piled up mistakes, 'sorry'💜💜

************

Wiping sweat-drenched palms on his trouser, it's winter for god sake, and here he is sweating like a horse, exhaled loud, watching puffs of warm breath disapperar, may his worries disappear like that..

But the small two-story house in front, reminded him where he is, they really gonna do it, it's D-day, new year's eve, and Gulf's father's b'day...

Another wave of cold shivers ran through him, shoved his hands in his jacket trying to warm them up, his eyes trailing back and forth from house to somewhere in shadow, what's taking him so long

What if someone came out, asking his wherabout, yelling at him for intruding private property..

This place is pretty far from the city,  a lonely town, with barely occupied, and mostly with elderly people, youngers are rare sight here, he can be taken as suspicious, or it can not?, is he overthinking again..

He groans, God Gulife, what's taking you so long, his neck tilted back to where Gulf might have gone...

Finally, he saw the guy running like a kangaroo, there was a huge smile plastered on Gulf's face, he was excited about this gathering, totally opposite to Mew..

Mew sighed, letting his last worry evaporates with the sigh, his palm spread for Gulf, and Gulf took it, 

"Did I take too long?"

Mew just groans, 

"It rained here last night, tire stuck"

"Told you, I would do it"

"Relex" patted his belly, "you are good, we got this" his grip tighten, pecked the corner of Mew's mouth, 

Mew snapped at the door, at windows, did anyone see them, "Can't you see, where we are?"

Gulf chuckles, pushing the bell, 

"You risking way too much", 

"My new year resolution, Not To Hold Back", "I am gonna Risk It For You" he sings, Mew bumps their shoulders in response..

Someone's paddled down with heavy thumps, must be a kid, the door flunged, and a teenage girl holding the knob welcomes them with a smile, her foucs was on Gulf, "you here", she half jumped on him..

Mew wowed  in surprise, what a jump, must be his sister, looks much much younger, quite an age gap they have,

Gulf throw her like a ball, Mew's eyes enlarged, how can he throw her like that, how can he, he looked for the girl, if she okay?, but she was already on her feet, as if she knew the move or may be used to it. 

She chuckles.. "gonna beat you someday"

"keep dreaming"

Her tongue poked out making faces, 

"We got the guest", hisses in an undertone, "Merillll....behave" pointing towards Mew,

She pouts craning towards the right, and luckily Mew is the only one standing there with his charming smile, determined to get approved.. 

"Hey" waved a little, "Mew..." extended his hand for a handshake, "Thank you for the invitation", youngsters do that nowadays, right?, or should he fist bump, what would be cool enough to get in her good guy list?