Chapter 2

______________________________
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀§Chapter 2§
______________________________
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ A Fresh Start

I returned back to my mother and father a few hours later, going over everything and actually discussing everything about me proving I'm worthy enough to fight on my own. Turns out Mokah was right, my father was just trying to protect me, he said it was just instinct to him. Though of course i wouldn't cave into Mokah's truth, but she already knew. I continued to ignore her, not wanting to give her ANY satisfaction.

As years past, and I was now 3 years old, not much happened between those years. No conflict with any other herds, humans, nothing major with predators. Everything was going pretty well, but sadly everything good must come to an end.

(PRESENT DAY)

As the herd grazed, I remembered the beautiful name of my future herd.

EverGreen Herd

It sounded so beautiful, my mother picked out the name when she was handed down the herd. Usually the new lead mare and lead stallion could change the name of the herd, and when they were passed down the herd, my mother changed it to EverGreen Herd. When I'm passed down the herd, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it as EverGreen Herd. Why would I change it? It's so beautiful.

I looked over everyone, making sure everyone was comfortable and safe. I was already taking the responsibility of being the lead mare, though I wasn't quiet ready yet.

Night was soon falling over us, as everything started to turn dark, the stars and moon lighting up the sky. My mother and father walked past everyone, nuzzling them goodnight, as they made their way to the middle of everyone and closed their eyes to fall asleep. My father stayed awake though, keeping guard, along with a few other stallions who were on the outer side of the herd, doing the same.

Making my way to my sire and dam, I nuzzles them both, before standing and falling into my own deep sleep. It felt like a normal night, though all the tables turned.

______________________________

I woke to loud thumping from all around us. Looking up into the sky, I could tell it was about 5 in the morning. Looking back down to in front of me, I watched my father go around and wake everyone. I whinnied loudly, making the process quicker. Everyone lifted their head out of their deep sleep immediately, and looked towards me, before also hearing the loud thumper, which sounded like thunder, as it became closer.

"Stay calm!" My father yelled, as everyone followed his order.

"Everyone, follow Autumn Spirit and Aspen Trail, who will lead you to safety! Do you all understand?" His voice boomed, and everyone quickly responded by neighing a "yes".

He cantered over to me and my mother, who was very calm.

"Lead them towards the south, you will be safer down there, it will be warmer depending on far you get. No matter what happens, keep running. I love you both, please take care of my herd Autumn Spirit, alright?" He said quickly, nuzzling me and my mother. I nodded a quick yes to him, before him and most of the stallions followed him into the forest to our left. The rest stayed back, to protect us during our travels and also to keep our herd population growing.

"Everyone, follow me and my mother! My mother will lead, and I will stay in the back for protect. Got it?" I asked loudly, authority taking over my tone. They all nodded, as my mother started to pull away and spirited towards the south, going right and running along a small river that lead south. Taking cover into another forest, all we needed to do was follow this river with no delays, and we would be home free... Right?... RIGHT?