𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

(Hailee's POV)

Who would've thought, a girl so precious is so defiant. I could tell that kiss she gave me was fake. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

But it only made that boy's blood more sweeter.

Maybe there is something wrong with me. Maybe I am the monster people claim me to be. However, I like it that way.

I love being feared. It gives me confidence. And in this business, confidence is everything.

I quickly wipe the blood off of my hands. Washing it with warm water and scrubbing my hands with soap. I wouldn't want my precious girl to be tainted by the blood of those who wronged her.

What did he have that I didn't?

i grab a towel and wipe off my watery hands. Looking at the time, it was already six in the morning. I would already be up by this time, so there was really no reason to go back to bed.

It would be nice to hold her to sleep. That's all I want. To feel her presence. I don't know what has drawn me to her. But she felt different. Her heart was pure and her mind was empty. Oh how I wished for her to be mine.

What more could I do? I just want her to be happy.

Maybe locking her in a room for a day, wasn't the right move

I can tell she wants me as bad as I want her. No matter what I put her through, her feelings feel real. Even if the kiss wasn't.

I walk pass the bed, she was still asleep. Her hair covered her face just a tiny bit. I gently moved it out of her way, making sure she could breathe properly.

"Sweet dreams princess" I whisper, kissing her on the head and disappearing from the room.

"Morning miss Steinfeld." Westin offers me a coffee and I take it without an expression on my face. Westin used to be a henchmen that worked for me. Now he's just my errand boy.

"Get a guard, tell him to stay outside my bedroom door. When the girl wakes up, get her fed and let her stay in my office."

"Yes Mam, what would you like for breakfast"

"The coffee will do. However I need an escort to the loading docks. Big shipments come with big prices"

Classic drugs deals. Easy way to make money. Loaning money was more fun I'd say. If they did have the money by the time it was needed, then all I'd get was profit.

If they didn't, I'd get blood instead. Small price to pay to have my mind set straight.

I know there is something wrong with me. I can't help it. I was wired this way. I grew up this way. But when I'm with Y/n, that feeling goes away. Maybe I don't need a doctor, just her.

And I'll do anything to keep it that way.

"Hailee?" A deep voice draws me from my thoughts. My father's to be exact. He was standing on the other side of the hallway.

"Dad?" I was confused. My dad rarely came home along with my mother. He was supposed to be out of town for a while.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to give you something before I left." My eyes trickled down to the file in his hand as he held it out for me.

"That girl you have, real firecracker. Here's her work file."

"Thanks dad." I smile, taking the folder from his hands and kissing his cheek. "Have fun."

I walk past him and into my home office. It had blackout curtains, however the sun wasn't up, I rarely had them open regardless.

I sat down in my chair with my drink and the file in my hand. I turn on my computer and scan through the information listed.