3.

months later

I yawned as I woke up. I crashed my finger on the snooze button so that one iPhone ringtone wouldn't cause me hearing loss. ''MILAH WAKE YO ASS UP!'', I heard my mama yell. She is always on that yelling shit early in the morning. I groan pulling the covers over my head.

''Lil girl I know you heard me.'', my mama said opening my door. She kissed her teeth leaving my door wide open. ''Ja'Milah, get yo ass up or you gon be walking to school.'', I heard my mama shout. I sit up and march to the bathroom.

It was 7 in the morning and school started at 9:15. I stepped in the shower, sniffling and shit. I let the water fall on my body before showering. I stepped out 30 minutes later the shower was meant to be only about 15 but I kept falling asleep.

I did my skincare, put my nightclothes back on, and took the bonnet of my hair. I ran my hands through my faux locs and flattened the wrap around my edges. ''Milah, can I wear your Jordan Mids?'', Layla asked. I stepped out of the bathroom nodding.

''Cool. Also, Mommy said Miyah and Ant coming down here tomorrow since her due date getting close.", she said and nodded wanting her to leave.

an hour later

I picked up my book bag and purse throwing in my phone, lipgloss, house keys, headphones, AirPods, and charger. I also threw in some snacks when I was in the kitchen. Today was cheer tryouts for the veterans so I wanted to get some snacks because I would be getting home late. Tryouts for incoming members are next week. Varsity tryouts are today too.

Only returning students can tryout for varsity and you have to take a summer intensitive for it too. ''Yall c'mon. Zayn needs to be at school by 8 and Lay by 8:30.'', my mama said picking up her keys. I walked out of the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle on the way out.

''Love you, bye!'', my mama said to Zayn and Layla as she dropped them off at their respective places. ''Who dat boy you been hanging around?'', my mama asked. I smacked my lips and she side-eyed me. ''Dont be getting smart nie. I only asked a question.'', she laughed. ''He nobody.'', I said and she 'mhm'ed me.

I kissed her cheek and hopped out of the car. ''Love you!'', she shouted and I threw a heart at her. I don't why people be getting embarrassed that their parents tell them they love them. What's wrong with your parents loving you??

***

''Here.'', I said to my teacher as she called my name on roll. I was in my second-period Math class. We were doing basic first day get to know you stuff. ''So I know yall sat down and everything but for the first few months we're going to have assigned seats.'', my teacher said and everybody groaned. ''Darius you'll be sitting next to Jamilah'', my teacher, Mrs. Woodcock, said. I looked to my right as Darius sat down.

''Wassup.'', he said and I nodded back to him. It was too early in the morning for all that talking stuff. It was 10 am but still, too early. He chuckled and I raised an eyebrow. ''What? You mute now?'', he asked laughing a lil. ''No. I'm tired.'', I said putting my headphones in as the teacher passed out some math pages.

''Just because it's the first day doesn't mean you can't get homework.'', she said sitting at her desk. I hate this bitch already cause what the fuck she do this for? I put the paper in my bag looking at people starting it. ''I forgot everything I learned last year.'', Darius said putting his head down. ''Same but precalculus shouldn't be that hard...'', I said wanting to cry cause me and math were NOT besties.

----

shorter chapter todayyyy

word count: 648 w/o AN