2.

We pulled up to the venue hearing the music blasting. It was a surprise party. Quan thought we were having a simple dinner. I saw my dad dapping up that dark-skinned nigga from the other day. He did a head nod towards me and I did a tight-lipped smile back. If my daddy knew him I definitely was getting none.

My dad gave me a side-eye and I quickly ran into the club. We had rented one out. I obviously can't be here the entire night so me, Kesha, Zuri, Layla, Zara, and Zayn are having a sleepover.

"Hello, ma'am. Do you know what time your brother will be here?", asked Jhonathan the bartender. "Uhm...Around 9:30.", I said checking my phone as I saw a text.

dumbass 😒🔫

omw rn.

mila

no tf you not 😐

dumbass 😒🔫

uhm yes i am fuck you mean?

mila

bro 🤦🏽‍♀️

dumbass 😒🔫

why yo location off?

mila

cause it is.

bye

I was walking and texting when I saw a pair of feet in front of me so I stopped. He did too. When I had looked up it the fine dark skin. "Hey.", I said my voice getting a lil higher. Yo ass better not start stuttering. He smiled and looked at my dad walking in with some Hennessey.

"Hey. Can I get yo number?", he asked pulling his phone out. I smiled taking his phone. "I'm Jamila.", I said putting my contact as Mila 💕 in his phone. I took a quick picture and added that as well. "Darius.", he said taking my phone and doing the same. He put his contact under DJ 💰♠️ and practically ran away. I was confused and turned around seeing my daddy holding a gun to his head. I shook my head and walked off.

"Quan! Why the hell do you have a gun to yo head, dumbass? When you blow ya brains out don't come running to me! Stupid ass.", I heard my mama yell. I laughed and went to the back room.

dumbass😒🔫

maaaaane Niyah keep telling me ta sit my ass down. 🤦🏽‍♂️

mila

as she should.

listen to ha

dumbass😒🔫

you an opp anyways.

mila

mhm

He said something else but I just left him on delivered. "Wassup.", said some dude rolling a blunt. I nodded my head in his direction and went to sit down. "You Quan, sistah ain't you?", another dude asked. I nodded going on my phone.

***

"Move over. I see you.", my mama told me from the front door. I moved over and she nodded, turning the lights off.

Quan was on his way over with Niyah and Zara. My mama looked out the window and ran away. "Give her to me.", I heard Niyah say. Quan turned the lights on and the DJ turned the music ALL the way up.