✦Chapter²⁰✦

Start from the beginning

'Where's nonna?'

He questioned and hopped off the counter, hopping towards the living room. He still didn't see her. Fear started to creep into his tiny bunny heart.

'Did nonna get angry with me and left me for good?'

He grimly thoughts but he shakes his head and tries to think positive thoughts. Lisa wouldn't leave him like that. He doesn't believe that.

'wait, i haven't checked Nonna's room, yet.'

Jungkook didn't waste any time running towards her room. He didn't change back to his human form and knock on the door that she told him to do. Luckily the door was unlocked, he entered the room quickly and his doe eyes searched for the girl.

But...

She wasn't there...

'No...this can't be...'

The bunny stood there staring at the bed of her room, his velvety ears slowly lowers as he felt his heart fell and his gaze started to become blurry due to the terrible memories of the past was striking his mind again.

Suddenly a clicking sound of a door being unlocked entered his sensitive ears as they perked up. He instantly turned around and saw Lisa coming out of the bathroom with a bathrobe on and her hands were drying her hair with a towel.

The bunny felt a huge bucket of relief washed over him seeing her. He didn't wasted any time running towards her.

Lisa had her eyes closed while coming out of the washroom so she didn't see the tiny bunny approaching. Not until she felt something soft collide with her knee. She was startled a bit and opened her eyes to look down to see her tiny black cottontail was clinging to her.

She noticed that his black doe eyes were glistering with restrained tears in them as he was holding himself back from wailing.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" Her worried filled voice sounded as she crouched down to reach him.

'I...I thought you had left me just like my family did... It was a stupid thought. Nonna would never leave me like them.'

Jungkook started sniffing as he couldn't contain his surging emotions. He detachs himself from her leg and lowered his head so she couldn't see his upcoming tears.

Lisa frowned at that and extends a hand to cup his cheek, gently pulling his face up to let her see him.

Her soft brown eyes met with his teary black ones. Seeing his tears, she used her thumb to shun them away and gently scratch him behind his ears. Her eyes soften and smiled at him sweetly.

"Don't cry, Kookie. Are you upset about earlier? Then I am sorry for neglecting you." She apologized and kept rubbing his fur.

Jungkook closed his beady eyes and leaned into her touch. The soothing motion of her hand was relaxing him, all of his previous anxiety and worries banished away. He loved how she can make him feel comfortable quickly. He didn't care about her apology because she didn't need to. Her closeness is enough to melt him like a puddle.

'It's okay. I only need you...'

Lisa stopped petting him as she remembered her plan to make up for ignoring her bunny.