Thirty One [Run]

"It's been a tough week, gentlemen. We've lost more than we ever dreamed. But we will recover. I've got a blank check. And we're gonna use every cent of it killin' Makarov."

Shepherd's voice was lost to Soap, the team sat in the debrief room, the younger captain sat next to price, flicking his pen idly in his hand as he zoned out. Dark circles settled deep within his under eyes, he hadn't slept much, his mind racing with thoughts of Alyssa and what he had said to her. She plagued him, his every waking moment, even when he tried to sleep he couldn't escape the thoughts of her, he hated himself for hurting her, he ran his hand over his face a heavy sigh leaving his lips. He had tried calling her, his number blocked in anger, the agent to proud to allow herself to unblock him.

"Sounds like we gotta be in two places at once." Prices rough voice pulled soap from his thoughts, he hadn't realised his jaw was wound tightly shut, teeth grinding slightly as he intently stared at the blank notepad Infront of him.

"Impossible?" Shepherd questioned looking towards the younger captain, Mactavish managed to somehow relax his jaw slightly, the subtle ache hurting, he shifted slightly in his seat, sitting up straighter as his gaze landed on shepherd.

"Not for the one four one" Mactavish nodded, glancing across the table towards Ghost and Roach, The lieutenant offered him a nod agreeing silently they could pull this off.

"Fifty-fifty chance to take out Makarov, eh? Captain Price, request permission to take the safehouse with Roach." Ghost's eyes landed on price, the elder captain shot a questioning glance to soap who nodded slightly, the younger captain knew the two men would be able to handle whatever Makarov was throwing at them.

"Granted. Soap and I will take the boneyard in Afghanistan" Price nodded returning his attention towards shepherd.

"Very well. We will cut off all avenues of escape. This ends now." Shepherd lent heavily on the table in-front of him, his eyes examining each of the men.

"Strange. I coulda sworn we ended this war yesterday." Price scoffed.

"Suspended?!" Her voice echoed off the light walls of her flat. she ran her fingers desperately through her hair once again tugging at the lose damp roots as the strands gathered over her shoulders.

She stood in her large kitchen, Wearing a shirt of Johns she had meant to return, it barely smelt like him anymore, the fabric did little to comfort her, it seemed to mock her, the Crisp white fabric loose against her skin and reached down to her mid-thigh drowning her in him.

"Yes! Did I stutter?! You aided in an unsanctioned nuclear strike on the US! MI6 can't be seen to be going easy on you" Jones sighed; Alyssa nodded to herself,

"I understand" She replied with a hefty sigh, her hand moving from her hair to run down her face.

"Take this time to rest. Ill be in contact" Jones spoke before ending the phone call, Alyssa lent against the Dark kitchen counters, placing her phone down next to her.

She moved to the fridge, reaching for the open bottle of wine and pouring herself a glass, she sighed moving back through the open planned downstairs towards the lounge, wrapping a blanket around her shoulders while sitting on the sofa tucking her legs under herself.

"That sounded like it went well" Sian finally spoke, the red head sat next to her friend, relaxing back against the cushions as she turned towards her best friend, Alyssa scoffed lightly taking a large mouthful of wine.

"Suspended...god I just can't believe I was so fucking stupid" she mumbled under her breath; her elbows resting on her knees as she tangled her fingers in her hair. Sian sighed heavily; she shifted on the sofa slightly getting herself more comfortable.