Chapter one

*Bold is Na'vi language, Italics is either emphasis or Jake's narration

When I was lying there in the VA hospital, with a big hole blown through the middle of my life, I started having these dreams of flying. I was free.

The sounds of machines whirring to life filled the air as a capsule opened, revealing a scruffy looking man who immediately began to float. He has slightly grown brown buzzed hair and tired blue eyes. His arms looked strong and worn, adorning a couple tattoos.

Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up.

Next to him another capsule opened and revealed a beautiful girl, her h/c hair was in a protection style. The soft padding prevented her from floating to the ceiling. She had faint acne scars that littered her face, yet somehow, they only enhanced her beauty. Her eyes fluttered open as she took a deep breath.

In cryo, you don't dream at all. It doesn't feel like six years. More like a fifth of tequila and an ass-kicking. Tommy was the scientist, not me. He was the one who wanted to get shot light-years out in space to find the answers.

Two nurses floated over, checking on the two newly awoken people.

"Are we there yet?" The man asked and the girl let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, we're there, sunshine," The nurse replied. "We're there," The two nurses left to go check on others.

So, a week before Tommy's gonna ship out, a guy with a gun ends his journey, for the paper in his wallet.

"You've been in cryo for five years, nine months, and 22 days," The nurse from before yelled loudly. "You will be hungry. You will be weak. If you feel nausea please use the sacks," He finished as the awakened went to the floating lockers.

The man went to the one named, Sully T., although, T, wasn't for him. The girl went to the locker right next to Sully's, L/n F/i., Y/n L/n. Everyone knew and loved her. She was the top of her class, the smartest girl they'd ever met. And most beautiful. Everyone loved her. Well, almost everyone. She, herself, was part of the few that didn't love her. She believed she was beautiful, yes, however, the body she was in wasn't hers and she knew it. It was simply a place for her to stay until she found herself.

Yeah, Tommy was the scientist. Me, I'm just another dumb grunt going someplace he's gonna regret.

A ship came into view, you could see Earth in its mirrors, and behind earth, was a planet much, much larger than Earth. Pandora.

Up ahead is Pandora. You grew up hearing about it, but I never figured I'd be going there.

"Exo-packs on! Let's go! Exo-packs on!" A voice of authority told everyone.

"Exo-packs on! Let's go!" His assistant echoed.

"Remember, people, you lose that mask, you're unconscious in 20 seconds, you're dead in four minutes!" He warned. "Let's nobody be dead today! Looks very bad on my report."

Two pilots up front we're shown.

"Hell's Gate tower, this is TAV 1-6 on approach. Crossing outer marker. Mine is in sight."

The ship began its landing process as Sully, Jake Sully, took a deep breath with his mask on. He noticed the girl next to him, Y/n, gave him a reassuring smile and returned it.

One life ends, another begins.

"Harnesses off! Get your packs!" The man yelled as everyone began unbuckling. Instead of attempting to help Jake, Y/n immediately went to grab her pack. That made Jake grow a sort of admiration towards her, as she treated him as a real person, not someone who needed help because he couldn't walk.