[¹⁶] ᵈʳᵉⁱᵈᵉˡ, ᵈʳᵉⁱᵈᵉˡ, ᵈʳᵉⁱᵈᵉˡ

Start from the beginning

"Walter! You didn't have to!"

Another one of her famously brusque hugs took him by surprise. Her arms wrapped around him-like the lace wrapped on the gifts-if she could, she would've tied a ribbon on him with them. He was the best gift.

A chuckle was forced out of him on impact. "Judging by the look on your face, I would say I did."

It was so worth it to temporarily commit to another religion's celebration just to see her cheerfulness shine like that.

Peeking over his shoulder, Phoebe perceived the candleholder celebrating the second day of his holiday.

"Oh, and happy Hanukkah to you."

"Thanks." Walter caressed her back with appreciation. "Want to add the missing tchotchkes and turn the lights on?"

"You know it!"

Phoebe backed away from him and ran to the box with the newly bought ornaments.

Dressing up the tree would've been a little more fun if Phoebe had been allowed more of a say on where the baubles and candy canes could go. But her aloof style was always overpowered by Walter's organized perfectionism. It was all good with her, though. It wouldn't have felt right to mess with his organization quirks. Especially because when they stepped back, the tree looked so perfect, it could've won a contest.

Walter had thought ahead and ordered pizza, which arrived just when Phoebe's stomach began to grumble.

"Authentic Italian pizza. At least that's what the sign said." The box read PRONTO PIZZA, the name of the place outside the Austin Tobin Plaza. Phoebe rubbed her hands together before setting a knife and fork on his plate on top of the coffee table, anticipating that he would not eat with his hands. "And I've got your favorite movie here. Unless you prefer something more 'Christmasy', in which case; Home Alone." He pointed at a couple of video tapes on the coffee table, which Phoebe picked up and assessed.

Her lips parted a little, showing blissful disbelief.

"You're really willing to watch Pretty Woman with me?!"

Walter plopped down onto the couch with the remote in his hand, seeing that she was already tucking the tape into the player.

"It can't be as bad as having to sit through Men in Black."

He said that, but Walter never anticipated the rather intimate scenes and how uncomfortable they would make him feel. Phoebe did catch on to his tension, coloring her cheeks with the same kind of embarrassment.

Those scenes passed eventually, and so did the awkwardness. Or perhaps they simply came to realize that they were normally the most at ease when in each other's company. Leaving room for restlessness between them was just silly.

Phoebe tucked her legs underneath herself and sat up a little. She began glancing back and forth between the screen and the half-concealed face of the man slouching inconspicuously at her side.

Trying to get a good view of Walter, she leaned closer, alerting him of her eager oggling.

"What are you doing?" He inquired slowly and self-consciousness.

Windows on the World (OLD VERSION) [BEING REWRITTEN]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara