Chapter 2/Sam's Point of View

I don't know if you know this about me. I used to have an attachment. We covered this a lot on our channel but never fully addressed it or closed it. We went to the Stanley Hotel, got rid of the attachment then left it in the past. I wish I'd told Colby before everything went sideways. The first thing happened when I was in bed, again. I had been at least 3 weeks after my hospital visit. 

"I'll be there in a minute." Kat said from the other room, but after a day of constant anxiety for the future, I was tired and ready to go to bed. I was so tired I didn't hear or feel Katrina climb into bed. As soon as I closed my eyes I opened them again. It was disorienting, but I looked over at the nearest clock. It was around four o' clock in the morning. 

"Sam." I heard a whisper come from near me. I looked over, thinking it was maybe Kat that said my name, but she was asleep. The room was dark, and I looked around hoping I'd be able to see something. 

"Sam." I heard the same whisper again. This time I looked in the direction of the voice. Right by mine and Katrina's open door, was a short shadow. I blinked and rubbed my eyes multiple times before looking in the same direction again. By the sight of the short shadow resembling a little girl, standing out in the hallway, I was indeed not hallucinating. 

"What?" I asked myself. 

"Do you want to play with me?" The voice was in my head, and I could hear it loud and clear as if we were hearing it through an EVP. 

"Sam, don't move. Sally doesn't want to play with you." Now there was a man's voice, I must've mistaken him for Colby, because I called out for him. 

"Colby!" I got up and was suddenly felt paralyzed. The little girl shadow figure was gone and was replaced by an extremely tall shadow figure. 

"Holy fuck." I mumbled. Then heard the male voice again.

"Sam, pray." It said. Exactly the way I heard it through the spirit box all those months ago at the tree in the forest of Goatman's Bridge. 

"Who are you?" I whispered.

"That's not important right now. Go back to bed and don't stop praying until he leaves!" The male voice said, then I felt its presence leave. Without saying another word I turned my back slowly walking back to bed, mumbling a prayer I was taught as a kid. When I landed on the bed, I was suddenly tired. Even though I was extremely tired, I kept praying. As I was praying, the presence of the tall dark shadow figure retreated. The next thing I knew, it was morning and Kat was gone. I was still shaken by the night before I didn't know what to do. Kat and Colby were in the kitchen, 

"Good morning. You slept like the dead last night Kat said. She said she couldn't wake you up this morning." Colby said. 

"Oh yeah, I slept great after editing all day yesterday." I said. "Have you guys had breakfast?" 

"No. We've been talking all morning." Kat said. I pulled out some clean pans and made us all omelets. After breakfast, we sat around planning trips. I was lost in thought before Colby mentioned the Conjuring House. And when he did, There was a loud bang that came from our office and scared the shit out of us. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You guys stay here." Colby said and got up. I motioned for Kat to stay seated and I followed Colby. 

"Colby. What was that?" I asked him. 

"Sam. Please go sit by Kat, we have no idea what that was." Colby said. I know he was trying to look out for me, but I had the feeling he wasn't gonna tell me what happened when he comes back. 

"I'm not leaving. What if you die." I said, waiting for Colby to open the door to our office. I looked inside, but nothing was out of order. 

"Okay.... that's fucking terrifying." I said. "Nothing looks wrong." I regretted it as soon as I said that.  Because, in the corner of our office, was a shadow figure. 

"Colby..." I said, my voice legit breaking. It was the same figure from the night before. But I didn't hear any voices this time, telling me to pray, or look away. I watched as the figure did nothing. I looked next to me, hoping that Colby was still there and was seeing what I was seeing. But I didn't see Colby.

"Colby!" I yelled. 

"Sam!" I heard Colby's voice but couldn't see him. 

"Colby!" I yelled. I closed my eyes, facing away from the shadow figure. When I opened my eyes and the shadow figure was gone. I realized Colby was shaking me and yelling my name. I looked at Colby, he could tell I was scared. 

"Sam, what happened!" He asked me. For some reason, I didn't tell him. And I came to regret that decision.