Chapter 24: Midsummers

Começar do início

--

It was now dark and the party had been going on for awhile.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink," Evelyn said looking at Kiara.

Kiara just nodded letting the girl know that she'd heard her. Evelyn walked over to where the drinks were.

"Could I get a water please?" Evelyn asked, "Thank you."

Evelyn grabber the water and walking back over to Kiara.

"Look man I can walk myself," someone yelled.

Evenly looked up to see JJ being escorted out by security, "JJ," she whispered.

"I really appreciate what you did back there," JJ said, "Let me just walk out by myself. Oh, Mr. Dunleavy, I see you got your drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually gonna down that."

JJ grabber the older mans drinking, tipping it back and drinking the whole thing.

"We have to do something Kie," Evelyn said looking at her friend.

"It's okay, everybody. Do not panic," JJ yelled catching the attention of the crowd, "Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them. Rose! You look like Lady Liberty."

"Let go of him!" Kiara yelled, "You can't just boot him."

"Excuse me, ma'am?" the security guard asked.

"I invited him here," Evelyn said, "I'm a member of this club."

"Evelyn," her mom said just as JJ turned around pushing the security guard away from him.

"Sorry about that," JJ said, "Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie, E. Pope, you as well, all right? Rixon's cove, all right."

Evelyn glance over at Kiara trying to hold in a smile.

"Ladies, all right?" JJ said grabbing his wrist with his hand, "Workers of the world unite. Throw off your chains!"

"Evelyn absolutely not," Jake said.

"I'm sorry," she said pulling away form her parents.

"Evelyn!" Allison yelled as the girl ran toward her friends.

"Come on!" JJ laughed looking at the girl with his arms out

Just before she reach JJ Kiara ran in front of her, running into JJ's arms. He grabbed the girl, spinning her around before setting her back on the ground. Evelyn stopped for a second, her smile dropping.

"Let's go," John B said throwing his arm around her shoulders, her smile returning.

--

The group of five sat around a fire that John B and JJ had built at Rioxn's cove.

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me," Pope said, "So what's this mandatory meeting about?"

John B shot finger gun's at JJ, "Might as well tell him, man before we're gaffed," JJ said.

"You ready or this?" John B asked.

"Yeah," Kiara and Evelyn said.

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant," John B said.

"Here we go again with this," Pope said.

"No. Hear him out, all right?" JJ said.

"It's been here the whole time," John B said.

"What do you mean here?" Evelyn asked.

"It's on the island," John B said.

"Are you serious?" Kiara asked, "Oh my god."